Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung galaxy s20

(Topic created on: 19/09/20 21:32)
wayneh2121
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have just got this phone only a week ago I think the battery is not very good as I have to charge it 2 times a day and I have not been on the phone  not very good for a week old phone 
4 REPLIES 4
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
its awful 100s have complained send it back
0 Likes
Meh90
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
although it will get better over time, you will always need to charge it regularly unfortunately if you use it often.

If you don't use the phone and it on standby you can get a full days charge.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi @wayneh2121 

If you perform a forum search and or Google Search you'll find some excellent battery saving tips you can try out.

Personally I'm not in favour of throttling my phone's features I want to use however I do the following >

Use Dark Mode.

Turn Off Adaptive Brightness.

Set the battery to Optomise.

Turn off 5G in Settings and Connections.

Put apps to sleep or deep sleep.

Disable all I can to do with Google except Maps.

Disable Google Chrome as it's a resource hog and use Samsung Internet.

Check what's syncing in Accounts.

If Google Play is using a lot of battery go into it via Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Storage > Clear Cache.

I set my AOD to Tap to show.

I don't use widgets. (Personal preference)

Facebook is a big resource hog so some consider using Facebook Lite or accessing Facebook via their Browser Url however some Facebook features are lost this way.

In Settings > DeviceCare > Battery is where it'll show what's using battery with the apps listed below. Can you screenshot that and using the scroll capture add in the apps being used and put that up in your thread here.

Once your battery has discharged and been charged a few time's it should reach optimum output.

Also the phone will be in learning mode. It'll say this in the battery section at first.

Weak network signal can use more battery.

A good battery tip given to me years ago was to turn Off the battery % sign in the status bar so my eyes are not drawn to it and just enjoy the phone and all that it beings and re charge when needed.

:smiling-face:

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

Mitzzz999
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
make sure your Bluetooth and NFC is turned off too. I think straight out the box the NFC always is on.
0 Likes