Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s20 ultra

(Topic created on: 14-04-2023 04:52 PM)
ryeuser
First Poster
Options
My phone has difficulty starting and crashes on restarting. Is it possible to disable the restart function?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi  @ryeuser  With crashes and lags it is advisable to wipe the cache partition and generally advisable after updates.  Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

can also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu

However if you wish can turn  off Auto Restarts.  In Battery and Device care -Auto Optimisation can Toggle off Restart when needed.  However it is recommended to keep phone in best condition.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

ryeuser
First Poster
Options
Hi James, thank you for your reply. My problem is a hardware issue. I can only help the situation by preventing the restart function which is related to auto start, neither of which I can find on android 13.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I see, @ryeuser . The auto restart function has been upgraded on the new Android version and replaced with the  Restart when needed feature available from the phone Settings> Battery and device care> Auto optimisation> Restart when needed. 

0 Likes
ryeuser
First Poster
Options
Thanks, do you know anything about auto start?
0 Likes