Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S20+ plus broken charging port

(Topic created on: 25-01-2021 05:37 PM)
Sion12
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My S20+ stop fast charging,i  tried cleaning it with rubbing alcohol but doesnt help.

One weird thing i noticed is that with the official cable, it only charge the phone on one side, but if you flip the usbc cable, it doesnt charge. this happen with two of my official Samsung cable, and both time, it only charge if the metal bit with the joint line face upward, but i also have cable that charge both way(but not fast charging) so i have no idea what is happening.

I bought this phone in Taiwan and i am in UK currently. and Samsung refuse warranty or even paid repair saying i need to sent it back. but that would cost way too much, so i am looking to change the charging port myself.

Question is, can i use the charging port for UK/eu model on my TW model(G9860)

9 REPLIES 9
Woodstar
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Have you updated the USBC through Samsung app store? If so it has caused lots of issues ref charging, earphones all not working properly since that. Read the reviews, it's the reason I haven't updated mine. Just thought I'd mention it.

0 Likes
Sion12
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

actually no, may as well trys it since it cant be worst

0 Likes
Chunk79
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I've got the same issue. No fast charge,AKG earphones no longer connect. Has anyone found a solution to this. I have been Samsung all my life but slowly losing confidence in their phones.
Dwight Spencer
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Having the same issue just now.

0 Likes
Chunk79
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Any luck Dwight?
AltruistRaaull
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Even i am having the same issue!

0 Likes
Dwight Spencer
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi! So I just got some galaxy buds and suddenly it's back to normal again. Super fast charging is consistent now.

0 Likes
Sion12
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It got worst for me, now it say moisture detected as well and wont charge, so i have to use wireless charging now

0 Likes
Sion12
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

i have the galaxy bud as well, doesnt help(how does wireless bud help anyway?).

0 Likes