Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy S20+ gets very, very hot...

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 03:06 PM)
Sahand_K
Journeyman
Options

Hello, there.

My Samsung Galaxy S20+ gets hot on the back and the front of the screen after low use, and it gets very hot immediately when playing games and recording videos. On top of this, the battery sinks even faster than normal. In general, this is a BIG problem for a phone, especially an almost brand new Samsung smartphone. In my opinion, playing games and recording videos are two big features of a phone... 

I've done some quick research and found that this problem might have to do with the very poor Exynos chip in the phone. Have anyone any idea how I can fix this problem? Is it even fixable? If not, how come that a +$1000-phone performs so poorly and there's no solution for a serious problem like this? 

Go to solution
32 REPLIES 32
Mateus Reis
First Poster
Options

Hello,
On the 23rd my S20 Plus (Exynos) arrived and I have been using it ever since. In the first few days it warmed up a lot, but it was normal after some updates. I was using it still at 120hz. But now there's something that's been bothering me a little bit and I don't know if it's just my braces.

I don't know if it was after this update (if it has anything to do with it), but now around of home button or the keyboard space I feel a little warmer than normal, sometimes more than in the place where the processor is.
Does anyone else feel this and could you please tell me?

0 Likes
Members_ou2Dsr9
First Poster
Options

After the latest update a few days ago I'm experiencing this issue as well. At first I thought it was a battery issue but seeing as this happened after the android update I dont think its my battery at all. 

Also the tips given by the official account do no work at all, I dont game on my phone, I always close all background apps and the brightness is always low cause of my eyes. 

At this point I'm just clueless what to even do because if its not an issue with the actual phone I cant even send it to be repaired, so I guess I either wont use my phone or handle the unbearable heat.

0 Likes
TrainingDog
First Poster
Options
Hi, I have a Galaxy S20 5G since August 2020 but I experience this problem since I upgraded the SIM to work with network 5G. This is a real issue, the phone is now difficult to be kept in my pants pocket.
0 Likes
Nathan24
Apprentice
Options
Ok for now and get new phone next year and It is out of warranty how I got it day one.
0 Likes
Members_DTC4L6g
First Poster
Options

Samsung 20+ 5G. Been doing this for the last 2 Months.I even took its temperature at 55 degrees that was Red hot to touch. Resetting heats it up 40 degrees .  Just leaving it on the side heats it up to 35 degrees.  My network isnt even working. I also got microphone problems. Phone just seems useless now. I've had to switch back to my S8+. Until it's fixed. 

0 Likes
Xee0
Student
Options

People who copy-paste the same "solution" and mark problems as solved should lose their jobs straight away.  This topic is great example. A display of contempt and disregard to people. Not "customers" - fellow human beings.

Had the same problem. Solved it by turning off super-fast charging in battery settings. After a few "security" updates the issue came back, so I turned off "regular" fast charging as well. Now the phone is fine and cool. Charging just takes a while, but at least the phone isn't going through 2% of battery per minute. Worked for my friends as well. Good luck.

0 Likes
iliehar
Journeyman
Options

I buyed a super phone and need to close more? Why? Is not real. Why pay for a super phone and need to stop proces? The phone not have power or have issues.

0 Likes
iliehar
Journeyman
Options

With one aps run on video and process with 55% is heating, is not normal.

0 Likes
iliehar
Journeyman
Options

You can have 100% on display, but the phone not pposibil to heating.

0 Likes
D7z_My
First Poster
Options

The phone doesn't exactly overheat for me but it gets really hot from minimum use, to the point where im afraid to use it further so i just shut it off and let it cool down but it doesn't overheat

0 Likes