Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Battery drain due to Google Play Services

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 06:24 PM)
Mary1970
Apprentice
Options

I am having a big drain, like 25-30% over night on the phone i bought in 2021, didn't have that problem previously, checked battery drain is mainly due to Google Play Services the works on the background, how to solve this???

6 REPLIES 6
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try clearing the cache partition on the phone and that should solve the issue 😀. Just Google, 'how to wipe the cache partition S20 FE' and you should find what you are looking for 🙂. Hope this helps! 😊
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Mary1970 Hello, we must bear in mind that the Google Play Services app is one of the most active apps on our phone. Try to solve the correct operation by deleting the cache and the data of the app. Go to Applications and search for Google play services .In Storage, delete the cache and also the data. Greetings

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Mary1970
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I know what it is, just the first few months all was fine with the phone, the problems started after the last update. I have done all you have mentioned before, and a few more things like reducing background work of majority of apps, restricting synchronisation options, etc. It is quite frustrating to see how many Samsung customers are having those issues. Must be a more systemic solution. 

Mary1970
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

Thank you for your message, I tried, by the way, I should connect my phone to PC to make it work, it would start as normal. I will see if it works!

Best,

Mary

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
No worries 😎. If my tip was helpful, could you please click the three dots on my comment and select 'accept solution'? Thanks! 🙂
0 Likes
Mary1970
Apprentice
Options

It didn't work unfortunately. 

0 Likes