Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G UK Beta

(Topic created on: 13-11-2020 11:53 AM)
ZackHVehit
Journeyman
Options
I have a Galaxy S20+ 5G and I live in the UK but I don't seem to be able to join the beta program. 

My phone is unlocked/unbranded by network. 

Could anyone shed any light on why I'm unable to join or download the beta? 
11 REPLIES 11
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
don't think you are missing much at the moment... after reading some of the posts on here
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
I hope this will help in any sort of way 👍

Screenshot_20201113-123224_Chrome_13957.jpg

0 Likes
ZackHVehit
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your response. unfortunately I have done all of this already. I'm familiar with this as I had to do the same when the beta was released for the S9 series a couple of years ago - never had a problem then.

I'm just totally confused as to why I still cannot join the beta 😔

Thanks for your help though!
0 Likes
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
that is absolutely craziness where you can't join is there no other way around it sorry to hear that you are having problems I hope everything works out for you
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I joined the beta program and nothing, then I backed up my phone using the Samsung switch pc software, and then tried it again , and then the beta android 11 firmware came up, .
I used it a few times on my Samsung s20 ultra but there were to many issues, so I used Samsung switch to downgrade my phone back to android 10.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
if your downgrading, mske sure you cancel and withdraw from beta program or you'll keep getting android 11 download, once you withdraw from beta , you'll see on Samsung switch that it can then downgrade you.
0 Likes
ZackHVehit
Journeyman
Options
the issues I'm facing is that I don't even get the notification/invitation to join the beta program in the Members app 😔
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

To be eligible for Beta firmware you must fulfil the following criteria...

1. Be in a participating country (U.K. is one)

2. Have a an S20 device (not S20 FE)

3. Be on a non carrier branded firmware (In the U.K. this is CSC code BTU)

4. Have signed up for Beta firmware in the Samsung Members app (Sign-up will only be shown if you meet the above criteria)

To check if you are running non carrier branded, stock, Samsung firmware with CSC code BTU, go to...

Settings > About phone > Software information > Service provider software version... check your CSC code as per screenshot...

[img]https://i.imgur.com/HlKZbOil.png[/img]

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.0
0 Likes
ZackHVehit
Journeyman
Options
this explains it! the software is O2U rather than BTU 😭 is there any way I can install the BTU version?
0 Likes