Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Email App - How to show only app icon buttons/notifications?

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 08:13 PM)
celestials
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi, 

I recently got a new S20 after upgrading from my years old S6 Edge and downloaded the Samsung emails app I am most familiar with using and was wondering if anyone knew how to enable (or disable) the feature where when new emails are received, only the small app icon notification are shown (ie. on the emails app on the homescreen it will have say (3) in a small bubble) and NOT have notifications come through in the top panel disolaying the new email.

I've played around with the settings but nothing seems to only show the app icon buttons as it either turns them off or turns off notifications completely 

Thank you!
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@celestials: If you head to Settings > Apps > Email > Notifications, and explore the available notification options, you should be able to toggle off options such as Alerts and Show As Pop-up, while leaving App Icon Badges as the only active option. Make sure to check all active notification categories, including General Notifications and New Messages (if applicable). 

0 Likes
celestials
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Unfortunately that doesn't do anything and even with App Icon Badges enabled for some reason it still doesn't show them (as I've been testing by sending emails to myself).
Both the app and my phone are the latest versions too.
0 Likes