Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung can't deliver on the Galaxy s20 Ultra 512 GB

(Topic created on: 07/08/20 21:43)
Montgomery
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Promised since February 2020, now here we are 6 months later and still no such product available.  This week they launched their new Note 20.  Disappointing to see them introducing new products before fulfilling previous promised products.   Specifically, the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 512 GB with 16 GB of RAM.  They should remove this product from their website or finally make it available.  

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

unfortunately from what i see on the online shops there are the 512gb versions in america ect... but they have never hit europe

0 Likes
Notty72
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have a s20 ultra with 512gb storage and 16gb ram and I'm in the UK.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

there has been literally mo availability you are one of the very few

0 Likes
Notty72
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
well if you can call the exynos version lucky and the fact that samsung doesn't care about Europe by putting the same chip in the note 20 and having the snapdragon 865+ everywhere else its looking like I may have to jump ship back to Apple at least with them you get a fast chip and regular updates.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Appears that model isn't available on the Samsung Uk website and I'm not sure if my local Samsung Experience Store has units in stock to sell.

I've not seen anything explaining why.

As for the Exynos Chipset like others I have seen posts , reviews and feedback from Samsung S20 Ultra UK / Europe Region users reporting that their phone's haven't performed well i.e battery , latency and the higher refresh rate etc with the Exynos 990 chipset.

The thing is were not seeing the full picture as I'm  sure others don't sign upto forums to say there really happy with their s20 Ultra.

It wasn't long ago that I recall reading posts from people in the States saying they were contemplating importing a Samsung phone from Europe as the Exynos chipset handled battery better than the Snapdragon chipset  ! I can't remember the phone model however, sorry.

Personally I'm going to wait until a YouTube Reviewer has got hold of both variants to test and report the results along with Tech Blog sites.

In the non geeky World , no disrespect meant ,i.e the average consumer there probably going to be very happy with their Samsung Note 20 / Note 20 Ultra phone's and not even think about or consider chipsets.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet but that doesn't mean I'm not going to.

The current freebies attached to pre ordering are nice and not usually given at the time of pre ordering in the Uk as we usually get just a Trade In your old phone option so that's a welcomed move by Samsung  👍

Here's to keeping an open mind.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.0/ Android 11.

0 Likes
JAMESCUNNY17
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have no issue with the Galaxy S20 Ultra regarding battery life or heating issues.Benchmark tests have no bearing to real life use so people are getting upset for no reason the exynos 990 chip is perfectly fine.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I will not reply to your claim not be rude

0 Likes
Montgomery
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

OK, so I found the phone here.  Just don't trust the site.  How can they have it when samsung themselves don't have it ?

https://www.newegg.com/samsung-6-9-5g-grey/p/23B-0002-00EY8?Item=9SIAJ3ABJX6591

0 Likes