Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 2023 battery drain

(Topic created on: 29-03-2023 05:08 AM)
AnaSeregor
Journeyman
Options

I have an Samsung Galaxy s20 and the battery used to last almost 6h (wich it's bad itself too) but now after the last update it lasts like 4h and i literally tried  a n y t h i n g  and nothing worked. Hope that they'll will fix it with a new update, i don't have enough money to buy a new battery lol.

Edit: the last update did nothing, i still get 4h maybe 5h max battery life

8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AnaSeregor 

Can you please go into your phone's Battery and Device Care under Battery and screenshot that section and also tap on the Scroll Capture option located at the bottom of the screen so it adds in all the apps your battery is using and also include the phone's top status bar and upload that into your thread as this will give us a better handle on what's going on. Thank you. 

A phone's battery will degrade over time so please do take this into account.

After an update if things don't appear to be right then the following generic troubleshooting tip can sometimes help.

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

And Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

As a last resort back up and Factory Reset can help in some cases.

Sending feedback via your Samsung Members app to Samsung can highlight to them directly what's happening on your phone.

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AnaSeregor
Journeyman
Options

Thank you sm for your answer! 

I did everything and a factory reset today and i hope for the best

I wanted to ask if you know if it will be a new software update this month or who should i ask about it :smiling-face:

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @AnaSeregor 

Samsung do send out regular software updates.

There isn't a set date given so do keep checking your phone's software update section.

Look to sammobile.com as you may find some relevant information on software updates that are due.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Tusharayush13
First Poster
Options

Did your problem is solved or not i was facing the same issue from last july now i got changed my battery from service centre still facing the same issue still .. Please Reply 

0 Likes
AnaSeregor
Journeyman
Options

No, it's not. Istill belive that it's a software issue 

I updated it this month and i still get like 4h battery life idk

I tried literally anything

Maybe it's an ui 5.1 problem

Thank you 4 letting me know that if i try to save money to go to the service the battery will still be awful

Bananz0
First Poster
Options

Did you service the battery and if so, did it make any difference in the battery life?

0 Likes
Heimar Oliveira
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem.
My Galaxy S20+ had an excellent battery. However, after the last update, the battery died in a few hours.
Does someone have the solution?
How can I uninstall the last update?

0 Likes
AnaSeregor
Journeyman
Options

I didn't but it should

0 Likes