Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21+ Bottom Speaker Not Working Since Updates... Why?!

(Topic created on: 04-11-2022 09:31 PM)
GregS21pluss
Student
Options

The media speaker (bottom speaker) has suddenly stopped working here & there throughout the day & everything will play through the ear piece on my S21+5G. Resetting it usually fixes the issue. 

This has been since One UI 4.0 update. I don't want to reset my phone 10x a day, what do i do?

(1)
25 REPLIES 25
EzD
Student
Options

Don't know what happened-started working again after second diagnostic check

EzD
Student
Options

Don't know what happened-started working again after second diagnostic check

0 Likes
ElForeigner
First Poster
Options

Same issue here: bottom speaker does not work since the latest update.

0 Likes
copz
First Poster
Options

hi guys, i also having the same problem with the bottom speaker after update, example when on call, i open the loudspeaker and put the phone on my ear, and the sound will disappear, so at first i though samsung hardly asking me to upgrade the phone to the newest one, but just now i try the diagnostic by samsung member apps, and the apps suggest me to do the power restart, and my speaker finally back to normal.

how to do the power restart:

Press On/Off button + Volume down for 7 seconds, ignore the 3 options that pop up, and after 7 seconds the phone will do the power reset automatically, and after it hopefully your bottom speaker will back to normal (because mine is magically back to normal)

hopefully my reply will helping all you guys

bklvr
First Poster
Options

copz
This just worked for me briefly, then it stopped again.

At least I know it's not hardware. ((I was afraid I'd have to get the speaker replaced, since it had a hard enough fall to put a little crack in screen in that corner 8 months ago. Sound problem just started 3 weeks ago, though.)

0 Likes
(1)
Members_gd3wg4u
First Poster
Options

Worked for me

(1)
photograph4
First Poster
Options

My Note 20 Ultra just started doing this a couple days ago, no noise from lower speaker, which I'm guessing is what notifications get played through because I get no sound from texts, snaps, emails, etc.  For phone calls my phone does ring through the top speaker, although quietly.  Tried clear cache here and there, power reset, even did a full factory reset (what a pain!), still nothing... still no good fix for this?

0 Likes
(1)
Members_bksRyqP
First Poster
Options

Samsung Galaxy S21 here, despite the upgrade to Android 13 still bottom speaker doesn't work. Its sad.

0 Likes
(1)
Liverpool33
First Poster
Options
I have no sound out my bottom speaker. And system sounds and notifications sounds in settings 🤔
0 Likes
(1)
techymomof6
First Poster
Options

Same problem here on S21.  Just stopped working today.

0 Likes
(1)