Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21+ Bottom Speaker Not Working Since Updates... Why?!

(Topic created on: 05-04-2022 08:44 AM)
GregS21pluss
Student
Options

The media speaker (bottom speaker) has suddenly stopped working here & there throughout the day & everything will play through the ear piece on my S21+5G. Resetting it usually fixes the issue. 

This has been since One UI 4.0 update. I don't want to reset my phone 10x a day, what do i do?

25 REPLIES 25
AndrewL
Options

@GregS21pluss: Are you using a particular app when the issue occurs? To troubleshoot the issue, please try restarting the phone in Safe Mode. This will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

Monitor the performance for a few hours, depending on the frequency of the issue. If you notice an improvement, restart the phone as you would normally and delate any recently installed applications. 

0 Likes
Alicefoxxo
First Poster
Options

I'm having this issue too, it looks like a lot of people are actually. Booting in safe mode does nothing to fix it.

c0dly
Apprentice
Options

This also happened to me. No damage to my phone at all, no water. All sound is coming out of the earpiece speaker. I have done safe mode, numerous restarts, and I also just performed a full factory reset to no avail. I had to remove about 10 authenticators to do that so this is pretty inconvenient.

AndrewL
Options

@c0dly: Please can you try heading to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics, and run through the Speaker test. Does the sample song play clearly through the bottom Media speaker during this test? If not, then please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and reach out to our Help Desk via your preferred channel, and an advisor will be able to assist you further, and arrange an inspection under warranty. 

If the sound plays through the speaker as expected, then please try heading to Settings > Sounds and vibration > Sound quality and effects > Dolby Atmos > On > Adapt sound > Run through the setup process. 

0 Likes
c0dly
Apprentice
Options

Andrew,

I ran the diagnostics and sure enough, the bottom speaker does not work. I am not convinced this is a hardware issue? Several other people are having this same problem that just appeared after the recent updates?

0 Likes
Zabuzamomochi
First Poster
Options

C0dly I'm having the exact same problem as you and I've done everything uve tried to and im also convinced its software not hardware because i noticed that the ear piece  speaker gets louder than normal but nothing out the bottom and it only started after the update. I was just wondering if you've found anything out about it to fix it

woodywyatt1
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I even went as far as changing the bottom speaker. Still no sound. Very frustrating 😞

0 Likes
Speedyjr16
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue and its frustrating. Did anyone get the bottom speaker to work?

0 Likes
c0dly
Apprentice
Options

Andrew,

I really think that this is worth looking into on Samsung's side. Numerous people are reporting this all over the internet. It does not appear to be hardware. Something in the software configuration is routing sound output to the earpiece instead of the bottom speaker. Any update would be great, this is pretty annoying and inconvenient considering what I paid for this phone.