Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20FE Super Fast Charging suddenly stops

(Topic created on: 18-11-2022 04:11 AM)
GutoFRS
Apprentice
Options

After the last update the super fast charging sometimes stops in a percentage and don't go forward. I sent the error report and tests by Samsung Members, but the answer was very... how can I say... weird, I'll copy and paste just erasing the operator name:

"Hello how are you? Hope so! I'm (name of the operator) and I'm glad you looked for us to help you! Since the bug can be fixed, because this bug can already be fixed, because this bug can already be fixed, because this bug can already be fixed. I wish you a great week! You take care, okay?"

Hope someone have a solution for this problem or Samsung release an update ASAP.

Thank you everyone.

10 REPLIES 10
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @GutoFRS  Advisor did seem to  be much help 😏.    Just checking that you are using an official Samsung charger and that there does not seem to be an issue with the charger itself.   If there is debris in the charging port that can cause problems so best to clean to rule out any issue there.   If you go to Settings-Battery and Device Care-More Battery Settings  are Fast Charging and Super Fast Charging Toggled on ?  can also just  search for Super Fast Charging.  Could switch the Fast charging off to see if that makes a difference and charge with Wifi/Bluetooth turned off.

However some customers  in the past have found that clearing the cache partition fixes this issue.  Steps are as follows:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

That being said some Members have reported this issue on S22 series after update with only the Fast Charging apparently working.

if it is to no avail best to send an error Report via Samsung Members, some information in this thread:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/fast-and-super-fast-charge-not-working-since-a... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
cyberkido
Student
Options

same problem. was hoping this to get fixed with September update but no joy. Samsung are you reading these and planning to release a fix? 

0 Likes
GutoFRS
Apprentice
Options

Hi James, thank you by the quick answer, but when I got the problem I made everything that is recommended by "good practices" as I'm from technology area and yes is a official 25w Samsung charger. When I search for the problem I found a ton of people having the same issue after the update. I opened this ticket to increase the number of tickets about the subject because this problem is affecting many users around the world after the update and Samsung didn't make a pronounce. Just make a quick search and you'll see, here in the community for the last 2 weeks is the main issue reported.

Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
I have the same exact problem. I have posted this a few times. I charge my phone with a super fast charger and it either fast charges for a few seconds and then stops and then cable charges or it just cable charges. Sometimes it doesnt even want to charge and then the worst one is it tells me my phone has moisture detected. What the hell have Samsung done!
0 Likes
Members_fY3Tncp
First Poster
Options

Same problem here

0 Likes
Solution
GutoFRS
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone, since last update (09/27 - for Brazil), I charged 10 times with super fast 25w. I got 10 out of 10 charges without stop, so I concluded here that the update solved the issue. I waited til 10 charges to have a good sample.

Thanks everybody that tried to help.

0 Likes
AlliedYew542252
First Poster
Options

I don't know if you solve it but if you didn't i got you. Go to Setting, then go to the Search bar or magnifier, Type Protect Battery and make sure it's off. I hope this solve your issue

0 Likes
GROSSI46
Apprentice
Options
Yes I am having the same issue. Have you found a solution yet buddy ?
Starz12
Explorer
Options
I use a 25w fast charger and since the android 13 update even though at first the phone says 1h25m to full its taking 3 -4 hrs! Both fast charge and fast wireless charge is on. In using the same cables and same charger as before the update, I'm using a Samsung S20FE5G so it seems something has broken in the charging In this update.
0 Likes