Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20fe screen brighteness issue

(Topic created on: 07-07-2021 04:28 PM)
Gabby20
Explorer
Options

Hello All, I just got S20fe 780G/DS and IT has serious screen brighteness issue. When I use it the screen brighteness automatically (adaptive brighteness is turned off) goes down and then I can't set it brighter again, screen stays at low brighteness level even when I move brighteness button max to the right.

All updates are installed. 

I don't know what to do in this case. I bought this phone to have nice photos from my vacation and now I'm almost unable to use it. Could you please help me? Is there any solution or should I return it and buy something else? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Options
Have you checked for software updates?..
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Gabby20: If you swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, and adjust the brightness slider without tapping on the drop down arrow to the right, does this adjust the brightness? If not, tap the drop down arrow as you do in the video, adjust the slider, then tap 'Done' in the bottom right corner to see if this helps. You can also try toggling Adaptive Brightness on to see if this allows you to manually adjust the brightness. 

If the issue persists, restart the phone in Safe Mode and see if you're able to adjust the brightness from here. This will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if the issue is stemming from an external source. To proceed, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode > With Safe Mode enabled, ensure Airplane Mode is turned off. If you find that you can adjust the brightness as expected, please restart your S20 as you would normally and delete any recently installed third party apps. 

0 Likes