Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20FE Not Updating

(Topic created on: 13-04-2023 11:10 PM)
Annimousey
Student
Options

Hello all.

My S20FE has not updated from OneUi 3 and Android 11. It always says that I'm using the latest software. I've tried factory resetting the phone and using Smart Switch to no avail.

I'm in the UK. Never lived anywhere else. I reside here permanently. It's where I bought my phone brand new. 

I checked the service provider software version and it says ZT0/ZTO,ZTO/EUX . However, when I use the dialler method to check the same information it says the CSC is BTL3.

I researched and ZTO seems to refer to Brazil. I've never been to Brazil or anywhere in that vicinity so I don't know why it says ZTO as the service provider information.

Could this be why I'm having issues updating? If the phone thinks it's Brazilian then it would stop me updating if I'm in the UK? Is that correct?

Samsung suggested I send it to them to flash the drive but they require a proof of purchase and as I bought the phone over 2 years ago I can't for the life of me find the original order email.

Just for clarification the phone has never been rooted or modded and all software etc is "official."

Please help before I tear my hair out.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Tehki8
Pathfinder
Options
You mentioned the phone was purchased here in the UK, which retailer did you buy it from. The place you purchased (Amazon Marketplace seller) it from could be selling imported phones from another region/country
Annimousey
Student
Options
It was from Carphone Warehouse (now part of Currys.)
0 Likes
tobles123
Apprentice
Options
Unfortunately, samsung has stopped updates for the galaxy s20fe.. annoying I know
0 Likes
Annimousey
Student
Options
Are you sure? Everywhere I've read says that the S20FE is updatable to OneUi 5 etc.
0 Likes
tobles123
Apprentice
Options
Huh. You're right.. one UI 5 was its last major update, then its security updates after. Strange
0 Likes
Annimousey
Student
Options
Already tried and nothing. 😞
0 Likes
MGLeon
Navigator
Options
Mine is the S20FE 4G and running UI 5.1 Android 13 and April security update
0 Likes
NPW10
Explorer
Options

I am having an updating issue too with a S20FE. Here is my thread if anyone is interested:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/s20-fe-5g-not-updating-to-android-13/td-p/6709...

No solution yet unfortunately. 

Annimousey - how did you get in touch with Samsung? By phone? If so, what number in the UK did you use please? Thanks!

0 Likes
Slothtamerv2
Navigator
Options
Android 13 one ui 5.1 is the latest, i have the s20fe 5g snapdragon.if its a foreign import then you should contact curry's and explain you should of got told if it wasn't for the u.k, have you tried a vpn and set it to Brazil? Apart from that find the receipt if you can go to your email and search carphone warehouse or curry's
0 Likes