Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20FE Microphone issue

(Topic created on: 24-09-2022 02:14 PM)
Members_8u45M3G
First Poster
Options

I’m having two repeated issues with my S20FE microphone.

1) if I remain on hold when calling an organisation I will put the phone into loudspeaker mode with the microphone muted. Then when a human finally answers obviously unmute it and potentially revert to standard microphone mode. However when I do the microphone remains muted and I cannot be heard.

2) I regularly receive or make calls where the other party can’t hear me whilst I can hear them perfectly. I think this is related to the use of Bluetooth headphones by which I mean I have used a pair since I last received a call but they are not currently connected.

in both cases if I hang up and call them back, or they call me a second time, everything works perfectly.

both examples have happened multiple times and I have tried the commonly suggested cures such as restarting the phone, force stopping the phone app. For issue number 2 this works for a while (potentially until I next use my headphones) whereas scenario number 1 happens much less frequently so I can confidently say it’s fixed ever.

Thanks for any help you can offer

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Could one of the issues be your bluetooth headphones @Members_8u45M3G 

Can you try another or wired set.

Also does this issue happen in one place or everywhere you go  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
renie
First Poster
Options
Having the same problems on my S21 only started since the last update?
0 Likes
renie
First Poster
Options
No headphones just the phone itself
0 Likes