Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20FE- Link to Windows/Your Phone-Unable to drag and drop images/files from phone to windows

(Topic created on: 03-05-2021 12:22 PM)
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

Hiya, hope everyone doing well. This is regarding Your Phone drag and drop file feature. I am unable to copy files from my android to windows. It is working other way round though. So when I open gallery and select an image and drag and drop over windows explorer, nothing happens! same with My Files app.

I restarted both phone and laptop still no luck. I am on latest versions on both my devices. I tried reset, repair Your Phone app in laptop, unlinked and setup all over again, still same issue persists 😢 Any idea guys?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
CarlH
Options

Hi @onlytanmoy. What types of files are these? I've just tried moving a picture from Phone > DCIM > Camera to my desktop and back again without any issues. 

0 Likes
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for your response. Normal image files jpegs/pngs. Can you please tell the steps you followed for moving image from mobile to PC? I will give a try.
0 Likes
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

The problem is it doesn't report any error, just that nothing happens when I drag n drop the file in windows explorer. Few times I got this error as a banner message in my laptop

YP.png

0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

get yourself Mi File Manager, it's made by Xiaomi, but works on any phone.
It lets you use FTP transfer extremely easily!
After you set it up, all you need is an internet connection, either mobile data or WiFi. It will not allow preview for images, but transferring files of any kind will go as fast as possible.
After you are done setting it up, on your PC it will look like this:

retertert.PNG181581851_295584748793179_5453301259471549369_n.jpg
and on your phone you will have to tap and hold the File Manager icon for a second until you see that pop up thing, it shows you quick access to some functions, one of them is FTP, then you just have to start it and you can now access any files on your phone from your PC, drag/drop works both ways.

If you are interested but have no clue how to set it up, just let me know, setup is very easy , i can provide screens of 'how to' .

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for this work around mate 👍

0 Likes