Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20

(Topic created on: 19-04-2021 04:07 PM)
dukhi1
Journeyman
Options
Hi guys I wanted to know the difference between a microSDXC and microSDHC

I have the microSDXC and the new s20 only takes microSDHC. Will my SdXC be compatible? 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @dukhi1 ,

I have found this article that may help you with your question: https://www.coolblue.be/en/advice/difference-between-microsdhc-and-microsdxc-cards.html

In regards to the S20 SD card compatibility, I can see that this is compatible with microSD cards, so you should be able to use any of these. 

dukhi1
Journeyman
Options
Ok. Thank you so much for your help!
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
sdhc is high capacity which can store up to 32 GB and sdxc can store up to 2 terabytes the xc stands for extended capacity hc stands for high capacity
0 Likes
dukhi1
Journeyman
Options
Thank you guys
0 Likes
dukhi1
Journeyman
Options
Will my SDXC card work with the s20 FE?

Screenshot_20210419-170024_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210419-170017_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
dukhi1
Journeyman
Options
This is the s20

Screenshot_20210419-170607_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

they made a typo in the description, should be microSDXC up to 1TB or 1024GB,
but that could be bcoz they did not test it with a 2TB card, if something supports SDXC, it will support all sizes, and it will support SDHC too;

but! if it said it support SDHC, then SDXC would not work bcoz it is in a different file system, in that case it would say 'up to 32GB';

just like other users stated, that phone will work with any microSD card, there may be however difference in file transfer speed, so if you want to save video straight to your card and not phone memory, i would go with some more expensive card like from ADATA or SanDisk , Extreme series 'V30' would be awesome and the phone i nowhere as fast, but it's too expensive, almost half of the price of the phone(180~340Eur)...but if you want to take a lot of pics at high resolution and 4K videos, then you have no choice;

as a bonus info: SDUC cards are coming, the capacity starts at 2TB and goes up to 128TB, they are in same file format as SDXC so they would work with a modern smartphone - if such memory size will not be integrated in the phones

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes