Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 won't stay in landscape mode

(Topic created on: 17-11-2021 06:21 PM)
mart42
Apprentice
Options
Last few weeks I have been having an issue when watching video ( YouTube, Sky app etc) phone is static on a table but flips back to portrait mode from landscape. Google maps when navigating flips to miniature screen. Keyboard randomly disappears when typing.
Have tried restarting phone several times but issues persist. 
Help please!!!
6 REPLIES 6
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

view mobile home screen in landscape mode

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-view-mobile-home-screen-in-landscape-mode/
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition on the phone and that should resolve the issue. To do this, just search 'how to wipe cache partition S20 FE' and you should find what you are looking for 🙂. Hope this helps! 😎
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@mart42: Some users have reported that they resolved the screen orientation issue via the following steps.

Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Special Access > Appear On Top > Toggle off the apps in this section. 

Let me know if this helps. 

mart42
Apprentice
Options
Thanks but tried this with no success. Managed to wipe my apparently unrecoverable Google maps time line in the process...
mart42
Apprentice
Options
Many thanks! Don't know how or why but this worked!
Phone now back to normal.
Sarah50
Apprentice
Options

I'm still having this issue,  unfortunately none of the suggestions have worked. Is this glitch a Samsung issue?