Did you mean: 

S20+ usb-c to aux problem

(Topic created on: 02-09-2020 10:43 PM)
H0pH0p
Explorer
Options

Hey guys,

So I got my new S20+ And its great!

There is only one problem which makes me want to lose the phone... the is no aux, not a problem because we got the cables usb-c to aux... only, it does not work.

When connecting it, it makes a click sound like it works. Then it actually doesn't play any audio.

I tried to connect it to my car, did not work. Tried to connect to some regular earbuds and a studio headphone those worked. But since I get my buds+ soon I couldn't care for those thing, I want to listen music in my car via aux.

Why isn't my 1300 euros phone not allowing me to play some music in my car?

Thanks in common!

79 REPLIES 79
Andrewsmith18
First Poster
Options
I just tried 3 adapters in the store. Multiple aux cables, none worked, head phones would stop and start at low quality so youre right it's a throughput issue... One of them charged at the same time (is this a DAC?) but like I said, it didn't work. The charging also caused noticeable static noise
0 Likes
TedH1
First Poster
Options

So to add a little more confusion to this discussion, I've bought a DAC adapter which seem to work properly on a headset. Thing is that when i connect it to a AUX to connect it in the car I have similar problems as some in here.

It makes this popping sound, but when you try to play music from for example spotify, music is coming from nowhere.

The AUX cable works seperately perfectly fine on an other music box, but not on car audio.

Have had contact with samsung support in The Netherlands, but that support is pure *****.

"Buy an adapter from Samsung or buy another AUX cable. Even though it is working on other devices, since you are using material from a third party, we cannot help you any further....."

Luckily I have had contact with the third party who said, if your car is from 2013 or before, there is a possibility, that the AUX output in your car is not fit for DAC. It simply does not understand the converting issue.

Their support is even though still trying to help me, by checking if there are any other 3.5mm cables might work. I'll keep you guys updated if I get any more information that might work or not work for me.

Same as other persons already mentioned, I wish I wouldn't have turned my S9 in, when trading it for the S20+....

PhilHer
Explorer
Options
What is a great camera with a bad sounding ?
It's already two weeks that I try to find a way to use an external stereo microphone. Do you know any good DAC with stereo inputs ?
0 Likes
Shahzebmalik
First Poster
Options

i have Note10+ i am using dragonfly red but most of time it doesn't load the usb. (I have USB audio player PRO to load the hardware sound driver for dragonfly).

Which otg cable are you using? Do you also have issues ?

0 Likes
feddhillmiller
First Poster
Options

I have a 2008 BMW that has native Bluetooth that didn't support my phone except for calls only. This is back on note 8. I bought a blujax brand Bluetooth  for my car aux port. Just got the s20 ultra  3 days ago and had no idea about this problem at the time. My 3 year old blujax bluetooth adapter functions great with my s20 ultra. And output is decent if I turn phone max volume down 2 notches and crank my Harmon and kardons.

0 Likes
R088IE
First Poster
Options

hi I found if you plug in the USB to 3.5 phono adapter into phone plug headphones with a standard 3.5 headphone jack into it with music app open making sure they work then remove headphones and the plug one end of phono-phono jack into adaptor and the other onto the aux in car it works.

Members_ejcAVAy
First Poster
Options

Hi I have exactly sam eproblem, I have a NImaso adapter from usb c biut it does not work both with rhode sc4 than sc7 cables

any hint?

Thanks

Marcello

0 Likes
Hunty30
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue with my Dragonfly Cobalt USB DAC. However, my won't work at all now, even with USBAPP. It's extremely frustrating because the Cobalt is awesome and my stupid s20 won't even work with it now. I get absolutely NO Sound, and for how expensive this phone is, this is unacceptable in my opinion. All of my old phones work with the Cobalt, but this phone does not work at all with it. 

0 Likes
McCol
Pioneer
Options

Samsung are not interested,  I was told this earlier this week. They have your cash, they are happy.

juankbron
First Poster
Options

switched from huawei mate 20 pro to samsung s20 ultra, huawei is waaaay better than samsung in so many things, even it recognizes my type c to 3.5 aux jack, amazing isnt it?