Did you mean: 

S20+ usb-c to aux problem

(Topic created on: 28-03-2020 06:16 PM)
H0pH0p
Explorer
Options

Hey guys,

So I got my new S20+ And its great!

There is only one problem which makes me want to lose the phone... the is no aux, not a problem because we got the cables usb-c to aux... only, it does not work.

When connecting it, it makes a click sound like it works. Then it actually doesn't play any audio.

I tried to connect it to my car, did not work. Tried to connect to some regular earbuds and a studio headphone those worked. But since I get my buds+ soon I couldn't care for those thing, I want to listen music in my car via aux.

Why isn't my 1300 euros phone not allowing me to play some music in my car?

Thanks in common!

79 REPLIES 79
SCS
Apprentice
Options

I'm not going to help I'm afraid but only confirm that I have simliar issues with  audio via USB C output. A clicking / popping sound. 

I am trying to figure whether it is common issue so it can be solved. Looking lke it's not just my phone.

Solution
H0pH0p
Explorer
Options

I've ordered another plug which might help because it has a built in DAC.

Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't

Edit: it actually did work! I ordered this product: PEPPER JOBS usb c audio cable 3 5 mm adapter C2PDA | DAC | PD charge

Gavsta
First Poster
Options

Can confirm that it's a problem with the phone.

Tried multiple aux piggybacks and none work with the Samsung S20 Ultra.

fromthesun
First Poster
Options

mines down too. Now I can only listen to music through the phone. Really sucks just wanna take it back but can't now the worlds gone to shi$

SCS
Apprentice
Options

So I've sort of solved my issues. (ish)

I have the Samsung USB-C to 3.5mm adpatper. It's not audiophille part but the background clicking stops when i use it.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/type-c-adapter-ee-uc10/

To get my Audioquest DragonFly Colbalt DAC to work I purcahse USB Audio Player PRO from the play store £6.95. It has it's own USB drivers and bypasses those on the S20's. It works for me as I use Google Music as storage and it integrates.

So summary is that I have to use the Samsung USB-C adatper if I want to stream (Spotify, you tube etc.) and if I want to listen to high quality music then I use the Dragonfly Cobalt with USB Audio Player PRO.

Not perfect but stopping throwing my S20 through the Samsung shop window.

Bobjames
Explorer
Options

I'm having the same problem with my S20+.  I hope they can sort it out because I need to connect it to a separate amplifier.

Powlez
First Poster
Options

my adapter 4 my s20 says it unsupported wen I plug it in would it work if I bought genuine Samsung adapter so annoyed I can listen 2 music in my car now plz help some 1

0 Likes
H0pH0p
Explorer
Options

Did you even bother to go straight to the solution?

I have posted that over a week ago.

You need a plug with a build in DAC otherwise it just won't work.

Your car needs that

Powlez1
Journeyman
Options
I did buy didn't understand wot it was can u send me a link so I can get 1 plz or show me wot 1 is plz
0 Likes