Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 Upgrade Lounge Issues

(Topic created on: 12/02/20 09:36)
Michaelolah
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Keep trying to upgrade my s10 plus to the new S20 however everytime I get to the klarna page where it asks certain details boom the tab crashes and I complete the upgrade anyone else having the same problem?

913 REPLIES 913
steve0
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@NathOnline wrote:

I'm trying to upgrade my note 9. I put my agreement number in and says I can upgrade. When I click pick phone it crashes and I can only see the bottom of the page. Doesnt show the phones to upgrade etc. I've tried firefox chrome samsung browser and microsoft edge. Can anyone help. Thanks

When did you order your note 9 on the upgrade program?

0 Likes
NathOnline
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I believe October 2018. I was under the impression I could upgrade to the s series. Plus when I go through to the upgrade lounge it says congratulations you can upgrade to the new galaxy with a picture of the s20 ultra and choose my galaxy button.

To be honest I'm not 100% fussed im most likely going to go for a Oneplus. Samsung is such a poss poor company it's pointless giving them money to fuel there inept ness.
I had problems with my note 9 order ended up having 2 set up 2 days or so after preorder launch. Then when I got the phone at launch it was faulty. Then I was told to send back and I would get a brand new replacement. But never did and was told had to cancel this order and re do the close brothers programme. Which then the phone kept going out of stock and took about a month or so after launch to finally get a new phone.
Then the note 10 launch recieved my upgrade now available email to preorder and It would not work then just got fed up of trying and the version I want going out of stock.
Bebuuk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

what a joke! all Samsung Ultras are now out of stock! really takes the p***

0 Likes
AdamCollins
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Bebuuk  they have been coming in and out of stock for a few days now, I'm after one myself 

0 Likes
H0v1s
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Lochaos wrote:

@H0v1s 

Which model did you go for ??

Well I really wanted the Ultra but I went to a Samsung shop and had a look it is massive and I just put em in my pockets you would need a rucksack to carry the thing around so I just opted for the standard S20 

0 Likes
Kjt57
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Well got one of my pending deposits back, hopefully get the other back tomorrow.
With all the problems ordering, Just wondering now what it will be like trying to return the S10 and getting your old contract closed. Then probably the same hastle trying to order the free buds.........
0 Likes
1970blf
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Kjt57 wrote:
Well got one of my pending deposits back, hopefully get the other back tomorrow.
With all the problems ordering, Just wondering now what it will be like trying to return the S10 and getting your old contract closed. Then probably the same hastle trying to order the free buds.........

The irony of having to provide proof of purchase when you've bought the phone directly from Samsung was not lost on me when trying to claim the free buds last year. From memory, my initial claim was rejected! :grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye:

0 Likes
AdamCollins
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Dr_ic2 that's basically the same call I had, they wanted me to reorder it while on the phone but she never said I needed to ring Klarna to cancel it, although it does still say it's being prepared on the app so maybe I should call them tomorrow 

0 Likes
Dr_ic2
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@AdamCollins wrote:

@Dr_ic2 that's basically the same call I had, they wanted me to reorder it while on the phone but she never said I needed to ring Klarna to cancel it, although it does still say it's being prepared on the app so maybe I should call them tomorrow 

@AdamCollins i now have both orders in the app with the status of preparing, the only difference between the two is the one ordered today has (under items) an entry called Samsung upgrade welcome, whereas, last weeks doesnt.

0 Likes
AdamCollins
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Dr_ic2 my one from last thursday has that welcome thing on the app but she still said it didnt go through, I was expecting a call from Klarna today, not samsung tbh.. I dont want to reorder until the other one is cancelled and I might wait for the ultra to restock anyway

0 Likes
T0ny
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm bailing out first thing tomorrow, I've had enough. No phone call from Samsung today so, as far as I know, no order to cancel with them. Just going to get Klarna to refund and cancel their DD. Historically poor customer service from these companies.

0 Likes
Infowarrior
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

The total chaos financially this has cause without Samsung or klarna making an official statement or preventing further failed purchases and pointless credit searches by freezing the sites with notifications has surely made this a case for the financial conduct authority. To be asked to purchase a product then not be delivered it with numerous deposits is a truly disastrous case against either of these companies which either one will not accept liability fully and detrimental to people's credit scores..

All this has made me abandon this programme and maybe samsung also. Because if Samsung don't part ways with klarna after this they will show they don't have the customer as first priority.... 

0 Likes
AdamCollins
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Morning everyone, just checked my Klarna app now and my order has been cancelled, glad I didn't have to ring them to do it.

0 Likes
Kjt57
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I'm happy just had my weekly update from Credit Karma, only one hard search, 2 soft searches and credit rating not changed😁
Grzegorz79
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Same here only one hard searching and few soft credit score excellent order placed I'm waiting 10.03.2020
0 Likes
yamyam67
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Looks like despite all the promises of Crapna is all false hope, if they think 1 out of 50 getting their orders sorted is progress then they truly are sh*t

0 Likes
duvetcapeman
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 09.56.51.png

Are people still getting this message?? I'm starting to think it might just be easier to go through PayPal Credit.

0 Likes
AdamCollins
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@duvetcapeman  what browser did you use?

0 Likes
duvetcapeman
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@AdamCollins wrote:

@duvetcapeman  what browser did you use?

Firefox

0 Likes
AdamCollins
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@duvetcapeman People are having success using the edge browser, you could try that

0 Likes
steve0
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My order was successful using edge on win10 pc, placed order on 17th. 

I also found out from my credit card company, that having paid the deposit my card, it comes through as a cash transaction, so incurs a cash withdrawal fee of 4%, about £4, and then accrues interest on a daily bases until you pay your credit card bill. 

I don't remember if this happened as well on last year's upgrade. 

So if you planning to pay by credit card, you might want to check with your provider how they will process it, alternatively use a bank debit card. 

I prevented the interest accruing by ringing up my credit card company and paying off the deposit and the cash fee. 

0 Likes