Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 Upgrade Lounge Issues

(Topic created on: 12/02/20 09:36)
Michaelolah
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Keep trying to upgrade my s10 plus to the new S20 however everytime I get to the klarna page where it asks certain details boom the tab crashes and I complete the upgrade anyone else having the same problem?

913 REPLIES 913
Steve641
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I had a problem when it came to signing the contract it wouldn't let me sign. Then the upgrade S20 was still in my basket but Klarna Bank had taken my £134 deposit.

I rung them and I was queuing for over an hour for them to say nothing but put me in touch with Close finance. When I rung them they said they had been taken over by Klarna and couldn't help me. Then I went through their live chat and was told there were problems with the website and I shouldn't re order because I might lose another £134 deposit.

Telephoned Samsung they have no idea about the problems.

0 Likes
steve0
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I had a similar experience ,  first time on the 12th feb , got all the way through Klarna site , sign it. It looked like it was successful , returned me back to samsung site but to same web page I was redirected from.  Klarna debited my credit card 2 times for the desposit , both transactions  in pending state and mailed to say that they had sent  the bank direct debit request.

After several calls to klarna and samsung ,  I tried again today this time it failed on Klarna ,  the button to sign agreement was greyed out and would not activate when clicked. Subsequently it failed, credit card has another pending transaction from Klarna, and received an email from klarna  informing the deirect debit setup has been requested.

Both times I used chrome on a PC, I might try microsoft edge browser next time on the PC.

However there is the issue of a hard search that klarna performs againt my credit rating. I have had one done, I don't know if my second attempt was a hard or soft search. Too many hard searches in a short space of time can have a negative effect on your credit rating

Lochaos
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
#Steve641

Samsung are fully aware of the issues as are Klarna, and if they are telling you their not they all need lining up against a wall and shooting, why do they have to lie, if there is an issue take the websites down until it is rectified, this is affecting people's lives due to many credit searches appearing in their credit file, not to mention multiple deposits being taken, someone needs to stand up from samsung and make some form of announcement on the website that they are having issues, same as Klarna, I'm really trying to understand why this wasn't flagged before, I was the first person who reported this and I still have had no reply from samsung, I'm gonna give the information to sammobile and any other mobile phone website and watchdog, see what happens then.
Steve641
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have had the same problems.
I listened to some other people and downloaded Microsoft edge and went through the programming upgrade.
It went through with no problem. Could be doesnt like google.
I had a deposit outstanding too but now it's not gone out of my account only the new deposit which now I have the order.
Why doesn't samsung or klarna just tell you what browsers to go through!!!
steve0
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Steve641 wrote:
I have had the same problems.
I listened to some other people and downloaded Microsoft edge and went through the programming upgrade.
It went through with no problem. Could be doesnt like google.
I had a deposit outstanding too but now it's not gone out of my account only the new deposit which now I have the order.
Why doesn't samsung or klarna just tell you what browsers to go through!!!

I am guessing you did the order on your phone

0 Likes
Rosieg
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I've done it twice and ended up paying a deposit twice.  Have been on to Samsung and Klarna who say they are issuing a fix to stop the pending bank payments.  They said to try again today which I have done and its got stuck again at the end and wont let me sign the agreement.  It's happily taken another amount for my deposit though!!!!  What do we do from here???

0 Likes
Infowarrior
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

One of the issues with klarna is the takeover of close brothers who were brilliant. They have not chased up there registers. They don't even know me yet I'm typing on a s10 plus from the programme from last year. And have pdf letterheads from klarna with the loan agreements on. I bet they know me if I stop payments... They don't know my address yet when I put my parents address in it was progressing further but I havent lived there for 20 years.. There credit checks are totally broke. There customer service is appauling. They have totally f....up the Samsung launch using this service. 

Grzegorz79
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

If this affect credit score every time when we tryin this not good lol 

0 Likes
H0v1s
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

What is annoying is that both Samsung and Klarna are not working over the weekend to try to resolve the issue, they clearly don't care about their loyal customers on their upgrade scheme which is crazy. I work for a small manufacturing company that when thing go wrong cos they do we will work over to resolve the issue because we care about our customer case.

When you hear that Samsung are loosing customers to Apple and Huawei there is no surprise.

The upgrade was a mess last year and is even worse this year, once is unfortunate twice is just incompetence as they really don't care, no more Samsung I'm off!

1970blf
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

For those of you still having issues with digitally signing, then i go back to my previous post - the button will not become active (turns blue) until you have scrolled down to the end of the text window that opens with all of the Ts & Cs, not the browser page. 

However this was practically impossible to achieve using Chrome or the Samsung browser on my S10+.

Although i eventually managed to do it using Safari, it still wasn't immediately obvious - sounds like using Edge is the best option. 

Nice of Samsung to introduce a Sword in the Stone type scenario to prove you are worthy to own the Galaxy S20! :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

Rosieg
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

After three attempts Klarna have now refused application due to credit scoring!!! Been in the chat with them for the last hour. They have taken the deposits and won't let me sign the agreement. I understand it will work with the Edge browser. To say I'm furious is an understatement. My complaint has been escalated with a phone call back Monday or Tuesday!! I've been with Klarna for over two years.

0 Likes
SachikoT
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

UPDATED POST

Round 2 - now with FAQs

Round 3 - Update to About Signing your Agreement'  and  Rejected Upgrade Programme. 

Hi Samsung Upgrade Community.

We are really sorry that you have been having a hard time at what should be an exciting time, when you get a new Galaxy in your life.

The moderators have alerted all the right people so which has helped us tackle what you have encountered. We’ve been working with our Samsung Upgrade partner Klarna Bank AB over the last few days to improve this experience.

About Signing the agreement

• ****We are aware of some issues impacting customers going through the Upgrade Programme. A fix has been implemented and you can use the 'Sign the Agreement' element of the Terms and Conditions. Once this has been done:
  • You should be able to sign the agreement on any browser and as a part of Klarna’s standard credit application you need to review the Terms and Conditions of the agreement in its entirety by scrolling down to the very bottom.  
  • The “I sign the agreement” button will become available and you will then be able to proceed by clicking on that button. This will complete the credit agreement. Once the agreement has been signed Samsung will then be able to create an order and issue the order confirmation email.
  • If you have any problems with this now, post here letting us know your browser and what you’re facing. We’ll get this sorted for you.

About your Deposits

• If you haven’t been able to sign the credit agreement but passed the deposit collection stage, the funds have only been reserved by Klarna for the deposit payment, and no funds will actually be debited from your bank account.
  • Klarna are actively monitoring incomplete applications that are affected by this and will ensure that the reservations of deposits are released. This may take a few days to reflect on your bank account depending on how quickly your bank can action the removal request.
  • If you have had duplicate deposits (taken not pending)  please contact Klarna at: 0808-189-3333 | customer@klarna.co.uk

About Credit Checks

• If you have attempted to place a Samsung Upgrade Programme order multiple times and have been unsuccessful in completing the credit application process and you are concerned this will have a negative impact on your credit impact please contact Klarna to discuss your individual case with Klarna at: 0808-189-3333 | customer@klarna.co.uk.

Question and Answers 

I haven’t yet gone through the Upgrade Programme, what should I do?

• You can use the Upgrade Programme option on the site and will be able to complete the options.

I can't 'Sign the Agreement', what should I do?  

I have a (or a few) pending transaction deposit from Klarna (with no confirmations from Samsung or Klarna), what should I do? 

• All pending transaction deposits where you haven't received a confirmation from Samsung or Klarna will be refunded. The refund of this pending transaction deposit will depending on how quickly your bank can action this.
  • You will need to go to purchase through the site, if you have any issues please contact Klarna at: 0808-189-333 | customer@klarna.co.uk 

I have had multiple deposits taken and have multiple confirmations from Samsung or Klarna, what should I do? 

I have received a confirmation from Klarna, but no confirmation order from Samsung?

• Please contact Samsung Shop at: 0330 726  7467 

I have been rejected for the Upgrade Programme following multiple submissions to the Upgrade Programme, what should I do? 

You can find me and the moderators here,

^SachikoT

If this helps, help others discover it by hitting the 'Accept as a Solution' button. 

Rosieg
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
It is definitely not working with chrome whatever you do. It gets stuck on signing the agreement. I have now been refused credit by Klarna after three attempts even though I've been with them for years because of these technical issues. Spent most of the afternoon in chat with them trying to sort it out so far without any success!! Appalled by the customer service or lack of it.
0 Likes
SachikoT
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Rosieg We're going to pass on your comments to the Shop team who work with Klarna and see what can be done. Taking my Samsung hat off now, personally I recently had troubles with a number of sites when transitioning across to the new Chrome browser and even facebook was acting strangely.

^SachikoT 

0 Likes
SachikoT
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

As I was responding to you, @Rosieg, I got an email saying that they are working on a browser support fix. I will update my main post too.

^SachikoT

0 Likes
Rosieg
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thank you. I'm even more annoyed that my credit scoring is now bad! I've never ever had a problem with my credit and I'm furious over this. Surely something could have been done to prevent this especially as y there are loads of people in the same position. All  this hassle to just upgrade a phone wish I hadn't bothered!

SachikoT
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Really sorry about this, @Rosieg. There are lots of discussions going on between Klarna and Samsung's legal and finance experts who'll be able to confirm on Monday what multiple credit checks from the same finance provider do. Let's get this all sorted and then see how you feel about your upgrade. 

Rosieg
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Thank you for replying.
0 Likes
gazlad9
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Just received this Email of Klarna.

Dear customer, 

We are aware that there have been issues with the Samsung Upgrade Programme application process, which we are working to fix quickly. 

If you haven’t been able to sign the credit agreement but passed the deposit collection stage, please be assured that the deposit funds have only been reserved and will not actually be debited from your bank account since you have not completed your purchase. We are actively monitoring incomplete applications that are affected by this and will ensure that the reservations of deposits are released as soon as possible. This may take a few days to reflect on your bank account depending on how quickly your bank can action the removal request.

We are aware that our service is not working correctly with all web browsers, which is sometimes preventing credit agreements from being signed and subsequently preventing the completion of the purchase. We are working on a fix for this, but in the meantime, we’d recommend using the Google Chrome browser if you have access to it.

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused and thank you for your patience in this matter. 

Yours sincerely,
Klarna
0 Likes
Lochaos
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I thought the recommended browser was Microsoft edge, not chrome ??
pluke1973
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@gazlad9 wrote:

Just received this Email of Klarna.

Dear customer, 

We are aware that there have been issues with the Samsung Upgrade Programme application process, which we are working to fix quickly. 

If you haven’t been able to sign the credit agreement but passed the deposit collection stage, please be assured that the deposit funds have only been reserved and will not actually be debited from your bank account since you have not completed your purchase. We are actively monitoring incomplete applications that are affected by this and will ensure that the reservations of deposits are released as soon as possible. This may take a few days to reflect on your bank account depending on how quickly your bank can action the removal request.

We are aware that our service is not working correctly with all web browsers, which is sometimes preventing credit agreements from being signed and subsequently preventing the completion of the purchase. We are working on a fix for this, but in the meantime, we’d recommend using the Google Chrome browser if you have access to it.

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused and thank you for your patience in this matter. 

Yours sincerely,
Klarna

I got the same email, but advising to use Google Chrome. When that's the browser causing all the problems. Great advice 

0 Likes