Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Upgrade Lounge Issues

(Topic created on: 17-02-2020 03:26 PM)
Michaelolah
Journeyman
Options

Keep trying to upgrade my s10 plus to the new S20 however everytime I get to the klarna page where it asks certain details boom the tab crashes and I complete the upgrade anyone else having the same problem?

913 REPLIES 913
AidenC
Explorer
Options

I recieved the below from Samsung Facebook account, they say the problem is fixed and for me to apply again, I think they are missing the point:

We're sorry to hear that. In regards to the payments you've made, these are refunded if the preorder isn't made successfully. We are aware of some issues impacting people with going through the Upgrade Programme. A fix has been implemented and you can use the ‘Sign the Agreement’ element of the Terms and Conditions. Once this has been done, you should be able to sign the agreement on any browser and as a part of Klarna’s standard credit application you need to review the Terms and Conditions of the agreement in its entirety by scrolling down to the very bottom. The “I sign the agreement” button will become available and you will then be able to proceed by clicking on that button. This will complete the credit agreement. Once the agreement has been signed, Samsung will then be able to create an order and issue the order confirmation email. ^AM

T0ny
Journeyman
Options
If that’s their solution I’m cancelling my upgrade.
SteveJWard
Explorer
Options

@AidenC wrote:

I recieved the below from Samsung Facebook account, they say the problem is fixed and for me to apply again, I think they are missing the point:

We're sorry to hear that. In regards to the payments you've made, these are refunded if the preorder isn't made successfully. We are aware of some issues impacting people with going through the Upgrade Programme. A fix has been implemented and you can use the ‘Sign the Agreement’ element of the Terms and Conditions. Once this has been done, you should be able to sign the agreement on any browser and as a part of Klarna’s standard credit application you need to review the Terms and Conditions of the agreement in its entirety by scrolling down to the very bottom. The “I sign the agreement” button will become available and you will then be able to proceed by clicking on that button. This will complete the credit agreement. Once the agreement has been signed, Samsung will then be able to create an order and issue the order confirmation email. ^AM

Hi @AidenC, I do sincerely hope that was sent by someone not fully in the loop because its no help at all for those with decimated credit records and just generally isn't acceptable in any way as an apology. Given the disjointed communications we have received so far, I for one am not be prepared to beta test the process,  so much more effort required on their part is required before I will re-engage.

yamyam67
Pioneer
Options

Wow Samsung you are unbelievable and you've missed the point by million miles, I'm angry beyond belief if thats thr best you've got. You dont seem to have grasped the point .... there are thousands of upgrade customers who have been refused the ability to upgrade, obliterated credit scores and all you haven't got the stage to even make a payment...you are really are a joke, no wonder Apple have become the worlds biggest phone company....utter rubbish

Dr_ic2
Navigator
Options

@yamyam67 wrote:

Wow Samsung you are unbelievable and you've missed the point by million miles, I'm angry beyond belief if thats thr best you've got. You dont seem to have grasped the point .... there are thousands of upgrade customers who have been refused the ability to upgrade, obliterated credit scores and all you haven't got the stage to even make a payment...you are really are a joke, no wonder Apple have become the worlds biggest phone company....utter rubbish

Or they have signed, got the Klana paperwork but NO Samsung confirmation email...how many times does this have to be said to make someone sit up and take notice and say I will TAKE ownership of this. I dont want to go through the process again because as much as I like living on the edge and wearing shorts in Winter, i dont want more money taken as I dont know whats happening with the original order...you really could not make this stuff up, a case study in NOT how to manage customer relations :face-with-rolling-eyes:

0 Likes
H0v1s
Explorer
Options

Update - Just recieved this from Carl who is supposed to be sorting the issue out

Thank you for your details. I have passed this on to our partners who will be investigating this. Let me know if you need anything else in the meantime.

Kind Regards

Carl

The same message we've been getting all last week, like we say who is taking ownership and responsibility??

We don't want anymore talk we want actions. Who does care in Samsung?

0 Likes
Clive7409
Voyager
Options

So looks as if something moving from Klarna's end. After receiving an email today from the Samsung Shop saying no paperwork is sent out to users via email (with respect to signing the Klarna agreement) I just got an email from Klarna with the pre-contract/contract on it.

All I now need to know is what is happenning with the credit checks that were performed although unable to sign the agreement?

Am hoping Samsung/Klarna will also make some kind of goodwill gesture here as 5 days of stress & multiple calls does not equate to a good customer experience by any means. Though not holding my breath on this one as I'll likely be dead before it happens!!

Clive.

AntS
Options

Hi @H0v1s ,

To reassure you: the Community team is gathering details from you guys so we can take the best action on your behalfs with the relevant people at this end to get this sorted. (In other words, we're very much in your corner.)

Grzegorz79
Navigator
Options

Klarna give me answer lol 

And they not even say about credit score 

Thank you for getting in contact with us. I apologise for delay in our response.

We are aware that there has been an issue where deposits attempted, before your application was completed, are showing as pending payments. We have already released a fix to ensure that the hold on the payment is removed. This may take a few days to reflect on your bank account depending on how quickly your bank can action the removal request.  

I aska about credit score *****! 

0 Likes
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Hi Everybody, me again. Apologies that I have not yet got back to you all today on the thread (but thankful that our Community Lead @AntS is keeping a close eye on this)

We believe that the best way for us to get you the help you need is for us to share your individual case summaries with Klarna and for them to proactively reach out. From your responses to PMs from me, @Sam_UK  amd @CarlH we have been creating these so that they have the right information when they reach out. We are in the process of sharing these with Klarna. 

We want to avoid any further confusion or disruption to your experience, so want to own this from here with our moderators reaching out to Klarna directly, rather than getting you to go to customers

Where we can provide more general updates, we will update in this thread.

^SachikoT