Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 Upgrade Lounge Issues

(Topic created on: 17/02/20 08:40)
Michaelolah
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Keep trying to upgrade my s10 plus to the new S20 however everytime I get to the klarna page where it asks certain details boom the tab crashes and I complete the upgrade anyone else having the same problem?

913 REPLIES 913
Sam_UK
Moderator
Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hey @Lochaos. I sent a PM earlier. If you've not received it yet, let me know and I will send you another! Kind Regards

 

@CarlH 

0 Likes
Reply
Lochaos
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Sam_UK  Had no PM mate, just checked and it's there, I have replied, many thanks.

0 Likes
Reply
AidenC
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi All

 

Im in the exact same boat. 4x applications using (edge/EE/Chrome/Firefox) and 4x deposits taken along with 4x hard searches, though like the majority I was unable to sign the agreement. Spoke to Samsung, they blamed Klarna and said wait, spoke to Klarna and they swiftly returned the deposist though could offer not more help apart from saying they will email me, the email arrived just saying they have issues and was no help at all.

 

Stuck in limbo now really with no help coming from either side. I am not willing to apply again.

 

0 Likes
Reply
Grzegorz79
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Community Manager 

You need any detail ? 

Name surname ? Mail ? 

0 Likes
Reply
Adamw969
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

SmartSelect_20200216-153916_Edge.jpg

After days of trying to upgrade. Conversations on the phone with samsung (no help whatsoever) I still cannot upgrade. And what's better it's now out of stock. I'm so mad, wasted so much time trying to do this. Absolute joke from Samsung. Not acceptable from a company of this size in my opinion. Wont be trying any more, Samsung has lost the sale of a S20 Ultra.

0 Likes
Reply
Clive7409
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

If anyone looking to complain to regulators about this worth looking at:

 

https://www.klarna.com/uk/business/merchant-support/is-klarna-regulated-by-a-financial-authority/

 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/smart-ways-to-shop/

 

Klarna not wholly regulated by the FCA but its Swedish counterpart so may not yield exactly what you're looking for if go to FCA, just presents more challenges 😡

0 Likes
Reply
steve0
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

What model of ultra  is reporting out of stock . I just checked and you can select both colours which are added to the basket , the only one you can't  select  is the cosmic black 512gb ultra.

 


@Adamw969 wrote:

 

After days of trying to upgrade. Conversations on the phone with samsung (no help whatsoever) I still cannot upgrade. And what's better it's now out of stock. I'm so mad, wasted so much time trying to do this. Absolute joke from Samsung. Not acceptable from a company of this size in my opinion. Wont be trying any more, Samsung has lost the sale of a S20 Ultra.


 

Grzegorz79
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Because 512GB is grey only lol 

And he have 16 GB memory 

0 Likes
Reply
Adamw969
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
The 128gb ultra grey in uk. Going through the upgrade program
0 Likes
Reply
Adamw969
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

SmartSelect_20200216-171611_Samsung Internet.jpg

Out of stock. Well to people upgrading anyway, Plenty of stock if a new customer. Yet more reasons to be annoyed 

0 Likes
Reply
Adamw969
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

How does the manufacturer go out of stock. Total farce  

0 Likes
Reply
SachikoT
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Daisenberg wrote:

@Clive7409 wrote:

I'd like to be contacted also.

 

First time failed (12/02) to be able to sign the agreement & hard searches done on my credit by Klarna. Received email about DD being set up & a pending transaction on my card which was returned some 2 days later.

 

Second attempt (14/02) worked & have my Samsung order number. Klarna show the new order in the app but have not sent a copy of the credit agreement or DD mandate so no record to prove credit application signed for etc. But i'll bet i have more hard searches for credit due to the second attempt, which is not good as this reflects on my job as my financial records are reviewed for certain aspects!!!!

 

Contact Klarna who say Samsung at fault as account not active so they cannot issue credit agreement, Samsung say everything good phone Klarna. 

 

This whole issue is now farcical. Samung you contracted Klarna as the provider for credit hence they are your supplier legally contracted to you, you are my supplier so the purchase & credit options legally lie with yourself from my view hence you are responsible for sorting this not us the customer!!!!


Experienced the same scenairo so require a PM ASAP.


Klarna has responded with: 

  1. Klarna will be resolving the issue regarding multiple credit searches following investigations with Transunion on Monday, once resolved we will remove all the incorrect searches
  2. Customers will be sent PDF's of their credit agreement and DD within the coming days once these issues have been resolved

 

^SachikoT


0 Likes
Reply
SachikoT
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Clive7409 wrote:

I'd like to be contacted also.

 

First time failed (12/02) to be able to sign the agreement & hard searches done on my credit by Klarna. Received email about DD being set up & a pending transaction on my card which was returned some 2 days later.

 

Second attempt (14/02) worked & have my Samsung order number. Klarna show the new order in the app but have not sent a copy of the credit agreement or DD mandate so no record to prove credit application signed for etc. But i'll bet i have more hard searches for credit due to the second attempt, which is not good as this reflects on my job as my financial records are reviewed for certain aspects!!!!

 

Contact Klarna who say Samsung at fault as account not active so they cannot issue credit agreement, Samsung say everything good phone Klarna. 

 

This whole issue is now farcical. Samung you contracted Klarna as the provider for credit hence they are your supplier legally contracted to you, you are my supplier so the purchase & credit options legally lie with yourself from my view hence you are responsible for sorting this not us the customer!!!!


Response from Klarna

  1. Klarna will be resolving the issue regarding multiple credit searches following investigations with Transunion on Monday, once resolved we will remove all the incorrect searches
  2. Customers will be sent PDF's of their credit agreement and DD within the coming days once these issues have been resolved

^SachikoT


0 Likes
Reply
Adamw969
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

What about news on your site been able to take orders and stock of the grey ultra in the uk? 

0 Likes
Reply
Jyeps
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Have been having the same issues. I have tried to do the upgrade more than 20 times with no success. I have spoken to support line and done what they've asked me to do on the phone with no luck. 

 

I have emailed them 4 days ago and still no reply or confirmation of my upgrade. Despite having set up a direct debit with Klarna.

 

@SAMSUNG what are you doing about if?

 

0 Likes
Reply
SteveJWard
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

So apologies for being dim, but how do I reply to the pm just received via email?

 

ignore. Sorted 🙂

0 Likes
Reply
steve0
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

if you received an email  about a PM , you will see  in the message  ---- subject: upgrade program  ( this is hightlighted a hyper textlink in blue) click on that and that will take you to your messages.

 

Alternatively , if you are viewing in the community  forum , look at the top of the web page and next to the search icon is another icon which is your profile,  click on that and take the drop down option messages

 

ignore the above, i should have read the whole of your post

 


@SteveJWard wrote:

So apologies for being dim, but how do I reply to the pm just received via email?

 

ignore. Sorted 🙂


 

0 Likes
Reply
Badger1974
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Maybe... Dear Boris....
Lol
0 Likes
Reply
Lochaos
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Badger1974  Boris is probably in the same boat 

0 Likes
Reply
Kjt57
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@SachikoT

 

Still nothing heard from Samsung 2 orders incomplete and 2 deposits still on hold at my bank. Lost count of the time spent on the phone. My main concern is the affect on my excellent credit rating.

History

Tried to order on 12th as everyone else could not sign contract. I hard search, deposit on hold and email to say direct debit set up. 

Phoned Samsung and Klarna promised callbacks nothing. 

Phoned klarna next day and was told case would be escalated. 

Phoned Samsung and was told no record of order and to re order. 

Did this and same outcome could not sign contract. Now 2 deposits on hold. 

Phoned Samsung again and was told there were 2 incomplete orders. The lady said she would escalate the case and get the orders removed, and would get back to me within 48 hours. Nothing since. 

Still only one hard search showing on Credit Karma. 

Will ring Samsung again today. 

0 Likes
Reply
KasK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Upgrading to the S20 Ultra 5G is causing me extreme issues as a current Upgrade Programme member from the S10+.

 

The page crashed when completed checkout, no order confirmation from Samsung but Klarna sent a direct debit confirmation e-mail. They also done a CREDIT CHECK, when the order didn't even go through; this means they will do another one when I re-order. No way am I letting the error check stay in place mate. Not happy with Samsung, Klarna or TransUnion (TU carries out checks for Klarna, apparantly). Will be logging in a complaint.

0 Likes
Reply