Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Upgrade Lounge Issues

(Topic created on: 16-02-2020 01:19 PM)
Michaelolah
Journeyman
Options

Keep trying to upgrade my s10 plus to the new S20 however everytime I get to the klarna page where it asks certain details boom the tab crashes and I complete the upgrade anyone else having the same problem?

913 REPLIES 913
Dr_ic2
Navigator
Options

@grilo67 wrote:

Considering doing a complaint to the financial ombudsman of how Samsung and Klarna have conducted this whole affair.

Does anyone here think it's worth a go?

Definatley, especially if its affected people credit rating through no fault of their own.

0 Likes
yamyam67
Pioneer
Options

As much as I wanted the new S20 and yes I'm on the defunct upgrade programme I will be moving back to Apple. I moved to Samsung for the S10+ & decided at that time to stay but the Klarna credit issues and lack of any statement from either company has made me realise they dont care and think loyalty to the brand will win, so Klarna and Samsung you can shove your newly signed relationship up your a**e !!!!@

0 Likes
grilo67
Navigator
Options

A complaint from me it is, then!

It would be even better if everyone that's in the same boat as me, to join and complain aswell. We might actually get somewhere!

0 Likes
Rosieg
Pioneer
Options

I'm just going to wait until tomorrow to see what's said by Samsung and Klarna as posted recently and then if no action will definitely take it further.l

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Hello again, Upgrade Programme Community users. 

This morning, I've spent some time talking with our Shop team and Klarna directly to better understand what has been happening and make sure that there is a clearer understanding from all sides.

• They have implemented a fix on the 'Sign the Agreement' element of the page, so you can go through the complete registration process directly online. 
  • We are committed to helping you get the support you and would like to ensure that the right resolution is brought to you, rather than you having to chase it down.  To make sure that this is done, our Community Mods will be contacting you directly in PM to collect the necessary information to do get this done. 

Any users on the thread, expect a PM from our mods. Anyone new to the thread experiencing similar issues let yourself be known and we'll do our best to get you the help you need. 

^SachikoT

Omega37
Apprentice
Options

Absolute mess Samsung has put everyone in. Why can't I even see anything on the Klarna App. I've had the upgrade programme since the S9+ all went smoothly. 

Tried different browsers as directed by yourself and have been declined umpteen times.

Yet all you say is try again. Basically f up your credit that's what you've cost us all. 

No apologies in any way. 

I've contacted both you and Klarna has the matter been resolved NO. 

Put it right before legal action is taken against yourselves. A mess at this scale may cause severe damage to Samsung and Klarna itself. 

Mr_wednesday
Journeyman
Options

@Omega37 wrote:

Absolute mess Samsung has put everyone in. Why can't I even see anything on the Klarna App. I've had the upgrade programme since the S9+ all went smoothly. 

Tried different browsers as directed by yourself and have been declined umpteen times.

Yet all you say is try again. Basically f up your credit that's what you've cost us all. 

No apologies in any way. 

I've contacted both you and Klarna has the matter been resolved NO. 

Put it right before legal action is taken against yourselves. A mess at this scale may cause severe damage to Samsung and Klarna itself. 

I joined last year and cannot see my purchase through the klarna app or website

They keep telling me its because of the other company close brothers which I told them the merge happened before I joined the upgrade so thats nothing at my end

Am pretty sure financially I should be able to see my credit/finance online or its easy for me to amount debit ?

0 Likes
yamyam67
Pioneer
Options
What about all the customers on the upgrade programme who dont even get to the Sign the Agreement phase and have been declined numerous times, was that a part of your conversation? If not WHY NOT???
0 Likes
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options

@yamyam67 wrote:
What about all the customers on the upgrade programme who dont even get to the Sign the Agreement phase and have been declined numerous times, was that a part of your conversation? If not WHY NOT???

Did you not read point 2? They are going to capture your issues in a PM

0 Likes
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Just to make sure that both existing participants in the thread and new members are able to see some content we have previously shared, we have provided some FAQs to help people who are experiencing issues with their Upgrade Programme. 

@SachikoT wrote:

UPDATED POST

Round 2 - now with FAQs

Round 3 - Update to About Signing your Agreement'  and  Rejected Upgrade Programme. 

Hi Samsung Upgrade Community.

We are really sorry that you have been having a hard time at what should be an exciting time, when you get a new Galaxy in your life.

The moderators have alerted all the right people so which has helped us tackle what you have encountered. We’ve been working with our Samsung Upgrade partner Klarna Bank AB over the last few days to improve this experience.

About Signing the agreement

• ****We are aware of some issues impacting customers going through the Upgrade Programme. A fix has been implemented and you can use the 'Sign the Agreement' element of the Terms and Conditions. Once this has been done:
  • You should be able to sign the agreement on any browser and as a part of Klarna’s standard credit application you need to review the Terms and Conditions of the agreement in its entirety by scrolling down to the very bottom.  
  • The “I sign the agreement” button will become available and you will then be able to proceed by clicking on that button. This will complete the credit agreement. Once the agreement has been signed Samsung will then be able to create an order and issue the order confirmation email.
  • If you have any problems with this now, post here letting us know your browser and what you’re facing. We’ll get this sorted for you.

About your Deposits

• If you haven’t been able to sign the credit agreement but passed the deposit collection stage, the funds have only been reserved by Klarna for the deposit payment, and no funds will actually be debited from your bank account.
  • Klarna are actively monitoring incomplete applications that are affected by this and will ensure that the reservations of deposits are released. This may take a few days to reflect on your bank account depending on how quickly your bank can action the removal request.
  • If you have had duplicate deposits (taken not pending)  please contact Klarna at: 0808-189-3333 | customer@klarna.co.uk

About Credit Checks

• If you have attempted to place a Samsung Upgrade Programme order multiple times and have been unsuccessful in completing the credit application process and you are concerned this will have a negative impact on your credit impact please contact Klarna to discuss your individual case with Klarna at: 0808-189-3333 | customer@klarna.co.uk.

Question and Answers 

I haven’t yet gone through the Upgrade Programme, what should I do?

• You can use the Upgrade Programme option on the site and will be able to complete the options.

I can't 'Sign the Agreement', what should I do?  

I have a (or a few) pending transaction deposit from Klarna (with no confirmations from Samsung or Klarna), what should I do? 

• All pending transaction deposits where you haven't received a confirmation from Samsung or Klarna will be refunded. The refund of this pending transaction deposit will depending on how quickly your bank can action this.
  • You will need to go to purchase through the site, if you have any issues please contact Klarna at: 0808-189-333 | customer@klarna.co.uk 

I have had multiple deposits taken and have multiple confirmations from Samsung or Klarna, what should I do? 

I have received a confirmation from Klarna, but no confirmation order from Samsung?

• Please contact Samsung Shop at: 0330 726  7467 

I have been rejected for the Upgrade Programme following multiple submissions to the Upgrade Programme, what should I do? 

You can find me and the moderators here,

^SachikoT

If this helps, help others discover it by hitting the 'Accept as a Solution' button.