Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Upgrade Lounge Issues

(Topic created on: 15-02-2020 05:58 PM)
Michaelolah
Journeyman
Options

Keep trying to upgrade my s10 plus to the new S20 however everytime I get to the klarna page where it asks certain details boom the tab crashes and I complete the upgrade anyone else having the same problem?

913 REPLIES 913
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

UPDATED POST

Round 2 - now with FAQs

Round 3 - Update to About Signing your Agreement'  and  Rejected Upgrade Programme. 

Hi Samsung Upgrade Community.

We are really sorry that you have been having a hard time at what should be an exciting time, when you get a new Galaxy in your life.

The moderators have alerted all the right people so which has helped us tackle what you have encountered. We’ve been working with our Samsung Upgrade partner Klarna Bank AB over the last few days to improve this experience.

About Signing the agreement

• ****We are aware of some issues impacting customers going through the Upgrade Programme. A fix has been implemented and you can use the 'Sign the Agreement' element of the Terms and Conditions. Once this has been done:
  • You should be able to sign the agreement on any browser and as a part of Klarna’s standard credit application you need to review the Terms and Conditions of the agreement in its entirety by scrolling down to the very bottom.  
  • The “I sign the agreement” button will become available and you will then be able to proceed by clicking on that button. This will complete the credit agreement. Once the agreement has been signed Samsung will then be able to create an order and issue the order confirmation email.
  • If you have any problems with this now, post here letting us know your browser and what you’re facing. We’ll get this sorted for you.

About your Deposits

• If you haven’t been able to sign the credit agreement but passed the deposit collection stage, the funds have only been reserved by Klarna for the deposit payment, and no funds will actually be debited from your bank account.
  • Klarna are actively monitoring incomplete applications that are affected by this and will ensure that the reservations of deposits are released. This may take a few days to reflect on your bank account depending on how quickly your bank can action the removal request.
  • If you have had duplicate deposits (taken not pending)  please contact Klarna at: 0808-189-3333 | customer@klarna.co.uk

About Credit Checks

• If you have attempted to place a Samsung Upgrade Programme order multiple times and have been unsuccessful in completing the credit application process and you are concerned this will have a negative impact on your credit impact please contact Klarna to discuss your individual case with Klarna at: 0808-189-3333 | customer@klarna.co.uk.

Question and Answers 

I haven’t yet gone through the Upgrade Programme, what should I do?

• You can use the Upgrade Programme option on the site and will be able to complete the options.

I can't 'Sign the Agreement', what should I do?  

I have a (or a few) pending transaction deposit from Klarna (with no confirmations from Samsung or Klarna), what should I do? 

• All pending transaction deposits where you haven't received a confirmation from Samsung or Klarna will be refunded. The refund of this pending transaction deposit will depending on how quickly your bank can action this.
  • You will need to go to purchase through the site, if you have any issues please contact Klarna at: 0808-189-333 | customer@klarna.co.uk 

I have had multiple deposits taken and have multiple confirmations from Samsung or Klarna, what should I do? 

I have received a confirmation from Klarna, but no confirmation order from Samsung?

• Please contact Samsung Shop at: 0330 726  7467 

I have been rejected for the Upgrade Programme following multiple submissions to the Upgrade Programme, what should I do? 

You can find me and the moderators here,

^SachikoT

If this helps, help others discover it by hitting the 'Accept as a Solution' button. 

Rosieg
Pioneer
Options
It is definitely not working with chrome whatever you do. It gets stuck on signing the agreement. I have now been refused credit by Klarna after three attempts even though I've been with them for years because of these technical issues. Spent most of the afternoon in chat with them trying to sort it out so far without any success!! Appalled by the customer service or lack of it.
0 Likes
gazlad9
First Poster
Options

So am I ok to try again or do I need to wait for the deposit to be refunded ?

0 Likes
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

@Rosieg We're going to pass on your comments to the Shop team who work with Klarna and see what can be done. Taking my Samsung hat off now, personally I recently had troubles with a number of sites when transitioning across to the new Chrome browser and even facebook was acting strangely.

^SachikoT 

0 Likes
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

As I was responding to you, @Rosieg, I got an email saying that they are working on a browser support fix. I will update my main post too.

^SachikoT

0 Likes
Rosieg
Pioneer
Options

Thank you. I'm even more annoyed that my credit scoring is now bad! I've never ever had a problem with my credit and I'm furious over this. Surely something could have been done to prevent this especially as y there are loads of people in the same position. All  this hassle to just upgrade a phone wish I hadn't bothered!

SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

@gazlad9, From what you've said and what the information we have, I think that your situation falls into this category: 

@SachikoT wrote:
  • Klarna are actively monitoring incomplete applications that are affected by this and will ensure that the reservations of deposits are released. This may take a few days to reflect on your bank account depending on how quickly your bank can action the removal request.

Your current pending transaction deposit will be refunded and to continue on the upgrade programme you will need to go through the process again on a compatible browser. 

When a successful transaction has been completed, you will get a confirmation from Samsung only (this is slightly different to people who previously went through this who received a confirmation from Klarna and Samsung (now we do one single). 

I'm going to write up another post about this, with more real scenarios to try and help everyone. The one I did earlier was the information I had, but needs improvement. Thank you for helping me understand this more!

^SachikoT

0 Likes
Rosieg
Pioneer
Options

Thank you but it won't help me due to making several attempts my credit score is now bad and Klarna have refused my application!!

SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Really sorry about this, @Rosieg. There are lots of discussions going on between Klarna and Samsung's legal and finance experts who'll be able to confirm on Monday what multiple credit checks from the same finance provider do. Let's get this all sorted and then see how you feel about your upgrade. 

Rosieg
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for replying.
0 Likes