Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Upgrade Lounge Issues

(Topic created on: 15-02-2020 11:57 AM)
Michaelolah
Journeyman
Options

Keep trying to upgrade my s10 plus to the new S20 however everytime I get to the klarna page where it asks certain details boom the tab crashes and I complete the upgrade anyone else having the same problem?

913 REPLIES 913
steve0
Voyager
Options

hi Bazsum

did you do this on your phone or a PC?

Kofi8991
Journeyman
Options

It took me 1 working day to recieve the deposit back. You will then recieve an email from Klarna 1 working day after the refund apologising and stating it has been refunded into your account. 

steve0
Voyager
Options

hi R12wan

try this link 

it is at the bottom of the page.
Note this is from the uk website
0 Likes
BazSum
Explorer
Options

I downloaded Edge for android and done it on my phone. 

@steve0 wrote:

hi Bazsum

did you do this on your phone or a PC?

Lochaos
Pioneer
Options

Just sent this email to the UK CEO, see if I get a reply.

(As a loyal samsung product buyer and owner I joined your upgrade program last year for mobiles as I love my mobile phones, three days ago you launched what is probably the most advanced mobile phone range in the world, I was excited and could not wait to upgrade as did many people, that's where the loyalty has dwindled, your upgrade program in conjunction with Klarna has been an abysmal experience from the start, not being able to order due to website crashes, errors when trying to order, multiple deposits taken, numerous credit checks against people which has probably ruined their credit file for the next two years, I cannot for the life of me understand how one of if not the biggest technology companies in the world could get this upgrade program so wrong, I mean, did nobody test the website upgrade process before it went live ?????, me and many people are left with a bad taste in our mouths due to nobody acknowledging there is an issue, being told someone will email you back in a day or two, this just isn't good enough when we are are trying to buy products from you which are in the thousands of pounds, I do hope that someone replies to this email and I don't just get a generic response, please sort this mess of an upgrade experience out as me and many forum members are slowly giving up on the samsung brand and I never thought I would say that.)

steve0
Voyager
Options

I also sent email to the ceo. The more people that do the same, the  more likely the higher executive realiase thet this is a serious problem, which impacts on peoples credit record

@Lochaos wrote:

Just sent this email to the UK CEO, see if I get a reply.

(As a loyal samsung product buyer and owner I joined your upgrade program last year for mobiles as I love my mobile phones, three days ago you launched what is probably the most advanced mobile phone range in the world, I was excited and could not wait to upgrade as did many people, that's where the loyalty has dwindled, your upgrade program in conjunction with Klarna has been an abysmal experience from the start, not being able to order due to website crashes, errors when trying to order, multiple deposits taken, numerous credit checks against people which has probably ruined their credit file for the next two years, I cannot for the life of me understand how one of if not the biggest technology companies in the world could get this upgrade program so wrong, I mean, did nobody test the website upgrade process before it went live ?????, me and many people are left with a bad taste in our mouths due to nobody acknowledging there is an issue, being told someone will email you back in a day or two, this just isn't good enough when we are are trying to buy products from you which are in the thousands of pounds, I do hope that someone replies to this email and I don't just get a generic response, please sort this mess of an upgrade experience out as me and many forum members are slowly giving up on the samsung brand and I never thought I would say that.)

0 Likes
Oriorin
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I did it on my phone S10+

Oriorin
Journeyman
Options
Like yourself I got confirmation of DD set up, but my order did not go through. When I finally got my order placed I did not receive a DD confirmation, so I'm assuming rightly or wrongly that they are using the first DD from the failed order.
0 Likes
steve0
Voyager
Options

@Oriorin wrote:
Like yourself I got confirmation of DD set up, but my order did not go through. When I finally got my order placed I did not receive a DD confirmation, so I'm assuming rightly or wrongly that they are using the first DD from the failed order.

Keep your fingers crossed.

I am going to hold  for bit , I have already had one hard search on my first failed attempt . I don't know if the second failed attempt resulted in another hard search on my credit file, the klarna call representive reckon it may  have only resulted in a soft search. But I will wait see if I get email from credit karma, (the credit agency). I want to be sure that the next attempt at applying for the upgrade is successful

Steve641
Student
Options
I have had the same problems.
I listened to some other people and downloaded Microsoft edge and went through the programming upgrade.
It went through with no problem. Could be doesnt like google.
I had a deposit outstanding too but now it's not gone out of my account only the new deposit which now I have the order.
Why doesn't samsung or klarna just tell you what browsers to go through!!!