Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Upgrade Lounge Issues

(Topic created on: 14-02-2020 03:09 PM)
Michaelolah
Journeyman
Options

Keep trying to upgrade my s10 plus to the new S20 however everytime I get to the klarna page where it asks certain details boom the tab crashes and I complete the upgrade anyone else having the same problem?

913 REPLIES 913
Daisenberg
Explorer
Options

@R12wan wrote:

I was also worried about the second credit check on my name, but this can be resolved by contacting the credit reference  agency. 

How can this be resolved?  A hard credit search cannot be removed UNLESS:

• Someone fraudulently applied for a credit account using your information
  • A creditor pulled your credit even though it didn’t have your permission
  • The credit bureau mistakenly added the inquiry to your report

https://www.creditkarma.com/advice/i/how-to-remove-hard-inquiries/

Can you advise if you were able to get a search removed?

Thanks

0 Likes
Badger1974
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Samsung and Klarna...you've managed to take 4 x my deposit for the S20 5G ultra....so that means 4 times order and now a big red mark on my credit file.. ...get your house in order....2 years on the bounce .....never again. 

Dr_ic2
Navigator
Options

So whats the consensus for folks like me that have the Klana documents but no Samsung order?

1. Sit it out and see what happens

2. Re-order and hope it goes through and i get a Samsung order number?

whats everyone else doing?

0 Likes
1970blf
Explorer
Options

I just received this email from Klarna, hopefully relates to my original order and not the one placed today. 

Dear customer, 

We are aware that there has been an issue where deposits attempted, before your application was complete, are showing as pending payments. We released a fix yesterday to ensure that the hold on these payments is removed. This may take a few days to reflect on your bank account depending on how quickly your bank can action the removal request.   

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused and thank  you for your patience in this matter. 
0 Likes
Daisenberg
Explorer
Options

@1970blf wrote:

I just received this email from Klarna, hopefully relates to my original order and not the one placed today. 

Dear customer, 

We are aware that there has been an issue where deposits attempted, before your application was complete, are showing as pending payments. We released a fix yesterday to ensure that the hold on these payments is removed. This may take a few days to reflect on your bank account depending on how quickly your bank can action the removal request.   

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused and thank  you for your patience in this matter. Screenshot_20200214-150231_Gmail.jpg

Just got this email.  Doesn't tell us what to do next though?

0 Likes
Dr_ic2
Navigator
Options

Yes, my first deposit has gone but the second is there, so all good or is it as no order number still from Samsung...

0 Likes
SteveJWard
Explorer
Options

Just received this. Think it applies to all of us that were unable to digitally sign the agreement at the end of the process.

klarna.jpg

Clearly then no contract or agreement to follow if ALL pending deposits are being returned. 

It does then raise the question over what they want to do over the multiple successfuk credit searches that yielded no agreements... 

0 Likes
sammyh25
Pioneer
Options

@Dr_ic2 Has the deposit been successfully taken from your credit card/Bank and have you received the financial agreement and direct debit emails from Klarna? 

If yes, then this is the situation I was in. 

I spoke to Klarna two days ago, got a merchant number from them and my Klarna order number (this is visible on the Klarna app or online) and made sure this was added to the Samsung call ticket that was already open re the missing order.  Whether it is off the back of this call ticket, or whether Samsung can tell who has simply not had an order placed, I don't know.  All I can say is I've been getting SMS messages from Samsung for the last 2 days advising me of timescales for a fix and sure enough the Samsung order was finally placed at 13:30 this afternoon.

Have you already contacted Samsung and do you have a call ticket/reference number from them?

0 Likes
Daisenberg
Explorer
Options

@SteveJWard wrote:

Just received this. Think it applies to all of us that were unable to digitally sign the agreement at the end of the process.

klarna.jpg

Clearly then no contract or agreement to follow if ALL pending deposits are being returned. 

It does then raise the question over what they want to do over the multiple successfuk credit searches that yielded no agreements... 

Exactly.  We have been hard searched with nothing to show for it.  Potentially damaging your creditworthiness.  I have the Search Reference showing under the details of the search on Credit Karman; surely our information has been stored within their back-end systems?  If so, I am inclined to demand that they explain why they can't use this information to process the order (rather than going through the online process again and being hard searched again).  Or, if they have lost our personal information, this would be a breach according to GDPR:

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-r...

What is a personal data breach?

A personal data breach means a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data. This includes breaches that are the result of both accidental and deliberate causes. It also means that a breach is more than just about losing personal data.

Example

Personal data breaches can include:

• access by an unauthorised third party;
  • deliberate or accidental action (or inaction) by a controller or processor;
  • sending personal data to an incorrect recipient;
  • computing devices containing personal data being lost or stolen; 
  • alteration of personal data without permission; and
  • loss of availability of personal data.
0 Likes
Dr_ic2
Navigator
Options

@sammyh25 wrote:

@Dr_ic2 Has the deposit been successfully taken from your credit card/Bank and have you received the financial agreement and direct debit emails from Klarna? 

Have you already contacted Samsung and do you have a call ticket/reference number from them?

Yes, have all the klana stuff

Yes, spoke to them twice now, same answer no order found but will pass up and escalate, still waiting for a response.

0 Likes