Did you mean: 

Original topic:

s20 ultra

(Topic created on: 28-02-2021 03:31 PM)
marly75
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi, can anyone help me. Ive just had a repair by wefixit.com for a screen replacement,  i all so had to back replaced as the lens had a slight crack in it. The technician said it had to be in "warranty condition ' when he'd finished with the phone. Ive now noticed that my sim 1 slot doesn't work and when i try to put my sim there it says sim 1 not allowed.  Has anyone else had this problem with sim 1 not working and do they have any tips to fix it. Any suggestions would be welcomed. 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Phoenix142
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
this is tricky, did you receive a repair report stating that Sim1 was working by any chance?

otherwise the repair facility can argue it wasn't tested due to your request or policy or even that it was working fine before shipping it.

First point of contact should be to the place you ordered the repair service, express your concerns and explain the situation.
0 Likes
marly75
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
it was a doorstep repair. i went online to Samsung repair to find out how much it would be. they directed me to wefixit.com. you pay upfront before the repair is done. the screen was £309 which was paid upfront. when the technician came round he said i must pay a further 25 for the back or he couldn't do the repair, and if he didn't do the repair i would be charged 59. i didn't know about the sim1 problem until a day later(yesterday) as i kept my sim in the top slot.
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
so this could potentially be a fault that's been going on for longer than the initial anticipated period?

if you are sure it worked before, contact we fix it first and explain what's happening, if you get nowhere try approaching samsung who directed you there and explain it there as they were the ones suggesting this type of repair rather than a send off or repair centre visit.

crossing fingers for you, it's a sticky one if you aren't sure and even more if you are.
0 Likes
marly75
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
thanks, i will give it a try
0 Likes