Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Ultra White screen on camera

(Topic created on: 25-10-2021 12:31 PM)
ycrs76
Apprentice
Options

Recently the standard camera just gives me a white screen, if i go to the 0.5x zoom or above 10x it's fine but standard zoom doesn't, so if i use my camera on an app like IG or WhatsApp i just get a white screen.

I have done a factory reset and that didn't help, before that i tried to reset the camera settings and that made no difference.

Any thoughts please?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
StephK1
Options

Hey @ycrs76! Sorry to hear about this issue with your camera. Does it also show as a white screen when your phone is in Safe Mode? To start your phone in Safe Mode, please press and hold the Power Button to bring up the power menu. Now, please press and hold on the 'Power Off' option. When the Safe Mode option appears, select it. Once you are finished, you can exit Safe Mode by turning your phone off and on as normal. 

0 Likes
ycrs76
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately Safe mode has no affect.

but yes, all i can see is a white screen where the image should be.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @ycrs76 

That's definitely quite odd. We'd like you to send an Error Report on our Samsung Members app, so our engineers can check whether it's a software or hardware issue. You can do this by heading into the Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports.

0 Likes
Members_9qU2E7B
First Poster
Options

Dear Moderator,

I am having exactly the same issue with my Samsung S20FE. Would you please be able to offer any assistance?

hze
Student
Options

This exact thing happened to me, also starting a couple of days ago (approx friday AU). Main forward camera white in all apps, the other two cameras are fine except the 3x alternates between white and working depending on zoom. Selfies camera fine.

0 Likes
Members_ZWe2Yy7
First Poster
Options

Same issue here

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @Members_9qU2E7B , @hze , @Members_ZWe2Yy7 

Please send in an Error Report so our engineer can get a better understanding of the issue. You can do this by heading into the Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports.

0 Likes
ycrs76
Apprentice
Options

Hi, they had to replace a couple of my cameras, all is now fine.

hze
Student
Options

That has been done well over a week ago and I've had no feedback yet. It has to be a software issue, I can get the camera to work so far in one other app, but that is also intermittent.. I can't be bothered sending my phone back for another repair to have it wiped again, its ridiculous. This needs a soft fix asap