Did you mean: 

Original topic:

s20 Ultra video quality (is *****!)

(Topic created on: 05/04/20 21:02)
xraytedjim
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Anybody else notice that video quality on the galaxy s20 Ultra (with the exception of brightly lit outdoors) is a grainy hot mess?  If i'm indoors with generally good lighting, the video quality is grainy and looks like it's shot with a 4 year old phone.  If it's poor lighting it looks like a freakin' b-movie horror film!  I don't even have it on the highest settings since I'm trying to experiment.  Usually have it on just full HD 1920x1080.  This camera and video is a HUGE step backwards from my s10+.  I actually hate using the camera/video and that really upsets me because thats the one reason why I upgraded to it in the first place!  So disappointing!!

9 REPLIES 9
Rumplestiltskin
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes video quality indoors is ***** especially in yellow light . My note 8 had a better video indoor than my s20 Ultra.

maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

The whole camera quality is a joke. Feels like we just got scammed by Samsung tbh. I switched from Iphone to Samsung S8 and been with samsung ever since because of the camera but having my S20 Ultra makes me feel like switching back to iPhone.

xraytedjim
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I feel the same.  I actually hate using my camera because 70% of the time I'm gonna get a crappy shot! So disappointing for a $1400 phone!! This may be my last Samsung after 5 years of mostly love. 

maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Yeah likewise. I don't think i will be going Samsung in the future. They might fix it software updates but it shouldn't be like this. Do we drip feed our money to Samsung? No pay full whack for it.
misty71
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@xraytedjim wrote:

Anybody else notice that video quality on the galaxy s20 Ultra (with the exception of brightly lit outdoors) is a grainy hot mess?  If i'm indoors with generally good lighting, the video quality is grainy and looks like it's shot with a 4 year old phone.  If it's poor lighting it looks like a freakin' b-movie horror film!  I don't even have it on the highest settings since I'm trying to experiment.  Usually have it on just full HD 1920x1080.  This camera and video is a HUGE step backwards from my s10+.  I actually hate using the camera/video and that really upsets me because thats the one reason why I upgraded to it in the first place!  So disappointing!!

Completely agree. I think the camera in general is quite poor. I traded in my S9+ for the S20 Ultra and regret it as the S9+ was far superior. Don't get me wrong. I think it's a really good phone. The screen is beautiful but overall it's just not "as good" as I was expecting. 

maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Nothing has been as disappointing as the S20 Ultra. Tbh i also blame the reviewers for not actually emphasising this more. Simply to keep Samsung happy so they can get free stuff. Never again.
misty71
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@maverick22 wrote:
Nothing has been as disappointing as the S20 Ultra. Tbh i also blame the reviewers for not actually emphasising this more. Simply to keep Samsung happy so they can get free stuff. Never again.

Yep. I skipped the S10 as I felt it didn't offer enough over the S9+. Little did I know what was to come.

maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Thats exactly what i did. Oh well live and learn. I am sure it will be improved overtime with software updates but i have definitely learnt my lesson here.
0 Likes
anandhu
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I too have the same issue with the video ....seems like a phone from 2012.