Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 ultra update

(Topic created on: 26-07-2021 07:40 AM)
Nabz1
Journeyman
Options

Is there any way to download software updates via mobile data i sometimes dont have access to wifi as i often stay in a rural area which has no wifi. I have an unlimited plan so dont see why i cant download the update via mobile data the option simply does not exist or i simply cant find the correct setting can some one please advise as this is very annoyinggg. Thank you

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Nabz1
Journeyman
Options

Tried searching google couldnt find anything related to it i guess most people just connect to a wifi source so never really question it ....the screen pops up straight away ...i tried switching to 4g still nothing 😞

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I assume Wi-Fi is switched Off in your phone too.

Have you ever been able to download over Mobile data ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Nabz1
Journeyman
Options

Yes i have wifi turned off, i don't think i have as i just used wifi most the time to update.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Clutching at straws but look at 

Long hold on your Wi-Fi icon in your pull down shade.

Tap on the 3 little dots in the top right hand corner and tap on advanced.

Turn on Switch to Mobile Data and then try again with the update.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Nabz1
Journeyman
Options

I have tried that but the option is not available i cant toggle the buttons nothing happens when i press on them

Screenshot_20210726-073838_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I'm just wondering if this is caused by something being turned on in settings. I know it's a pain but have you tried to reset all settings and see if them options become highlighted again. I know I had something turned on once which made a setting become unable to toggle on. I just can't remember what it was I toggled on to cause it.
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options

I've been having the exact same issue on my S22 Ultra!! its so frustrating!! The odd thing is, I had the S20 ultra and would download updates over data no problem!

I have always bought direct from Samsung and so have no idea why this is happening!

My S20, S9, S8, S6 and S4 all downloaded over data!! and I have a 5G unlimited plan too!!

it gets worse, because, I know people with the S22 Ultra that do NOT have this issue and they download over Mobile Data all the time! They need to change it or at least give us the option to change it!! why does it only exist for some models or is it a Kernel issue? why did my S20 Ultra allow it but not yours?

why does other S22 Utlras allow it but mine doesn't!

need an answer

0 Likes