Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 ultra sim manager comes on at startup?

(Topic created on: 17-03-2020 04:06 PM)
Bryden
Pioneer
Options

Every time I switch on my phone the sim manager pops up, no apparent settings to change, I click done and back to normal. But why and how to stop it? Or maybe there's a setting I need to to change. 

Everything works fine 

78 REPLIES 78
Weatherman
Navigator
Options

I am also having this issue. Everytime I start the phone it brings up the sim manager screen.

I just click OK and move on but it sure is silly!

0 Likes
Bryden
Pioneer
Options

The is a permanent fix available, see the solution listed 

0 Likes
Weatherman
Navigator
Options

Hi - I dont think my S20 Ultra has the option for two SIM cards, I can only see a place for one SIM card and an SD card but I still have it asking me about the SIM card each time I turn it on?

0 Likes
Bryden
Pioneer
Options
Turn the sim card 90 degrees it then fits in the top half of the the holder
Bryden
Pioneer
Options

1 sim and 1 sd card1 sim and 1 sd card

Placement for 2nd or 1st sim to try the solutionPlacement for 2nd or 1st sim to try the solution

Aicheff
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately the workaround doesn't work for me (but I have an S20 4G so may be different from an Ultra) 

One point I noticed is that if I move my Sim card to the second slot, the Sim manager pops up but after I click on Done it doesn't force a reboot. 

I opened a separate thread on this a few days ago and have submitted an error report to Samaung so will need to await their response. 

0 Likes
Bryden
Pioneer
Options
Yeah it didn't force a restart for me either and luckily I had an older sim for the 2nd slot
0 Likes
Weatherman
Navigator
Options

Thank you so much for the photo. I have now found where SIM 2 goes 🙂

0 Likes
DerOllie
Journeyman
Options
This issue is NOT solved; the screen popped up again yesterday evening after i did a reboot of the phone. This morning again, so the workaround only works 24h or so. Samsung now really needs to make a fix...
0 Likes
Bryden
Pioneer
Options
Yes they should still do an update. I sent the error log. Luckily for me the fix is still working
0 Likes