Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 ultra sim manager comes on at startup?

(Topic created on: 16-03-2020 03:46 PM)
Bryden
Pioneer
Options

Every time I switch on my phone the sim manager pops up, no apparent settings to change, I click done and back to normal. But why and how to stop it? Or maybe there's a setting I need to to change. 

Everything works fine 

78 REPLIES 78
DerOllie
Journeyman
Options

Solved! (Update: NOT solved, only works 24h and then after a reboot the screen is back!)

I can confirm this worked, and is even simpler:

just put the sim 1 card you have in sim 2, reboot.

The S20 recognizes the new simcard, and pops up the sim card manager once again, the prompts to reboot.

Reboot, and already this time no sim card manager pops up.

Then shut down the phone, and put sim 2 back in sim 1 -> everything is back to normal, and i did not get the sim card manager popup! 

Nice!

Libb
MegaStar
Options

@Bryden can you please set my post as solution so others can know the issue has a fix? Thanks

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

Bryden
Pioneer
Options

At last a solution has been found, many thanks

Bryden
Pioneer
Options
Thanks Libb, it worked
0 Likes
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options

thats not a solution is a work around

samsung needs to sort this out 

AntS
Options

I've now marked both DerOllie's and Libb's posts as 'solutions' so that we can get some more error reports from users as well as folks being able to easily see the workaround too. :smiling-face:

Libb
MegaStar
Options

I wrote that it was more workaround than solution. It has been reported to Samsung but for now it is better than nothing. 

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

Bryden
Pioneer
Options
"A workaround is a bypass of a recognized problem or limitation in a system or policy. A workaround is typically a temporary fix that implies that a genuine solution to the problem is needed. But workarounds are frequently as creative as true solutions, involving outside the box thinking in their creation"
On this occasion the workaround is a permanent fix/solution.
I have my original sim and sd card installed, no more sim manager pop ups and can move on with my life 😁
0 Likes
Dazzx
Apprentice
Options
It's not a solution if you have two SIM cards
0 Likes
Bryden
Pioneer
Options
The 2 sim cards is only done once. If you only have 1 sim card then place it in the other location, follow the restart as instructed then put back in its main slot.
I have 1 sim card and 1 sd card on my phone and the issue stopped after following the fix.
0 Likes