Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 Ultra screen problem

(Topic created on: 24-12-2020 09:38 PM)
Srp770
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I've recently bought a Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. I noticed that when on  a white screen, The bottom one third of the display has a red tinted color but its not so obvious in other colored screens, such as when in an app. This thing has been bugging me for a while now.  I thought maybe the display needs some time to settle in the colors? I've only been using this phone since 3 days. Any help will be greatly appreciated.                        Thanks.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Maybe have a look in settings,  display, screen mode and choose vivid mode then have a tweak with the white balance and advanced settings @Srp770 

If you feel the phone's display is off then check any applicable cooling off period.

Current Phone >Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Back Up Phone > Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860.

0 Likes
Srp770
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Its already in vivid mode. In white balance options no matter what I do, it stays the same. Do you think this will dissapear soon?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Some displays can be warmer than others and unfortunately in some cases have uneven displays.

If your within any relevant Cooling Off Period then I would contemplate a swap out for another phone @Srp770 

I can't guarantee it'll self resolve , which some can.

You could try the test colour panels via dialing the following into your phone app.

*#0*#

0 Likes
Srp770
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I will require a replacement if necessary, but how long do you think will it take for it to recover? if it will though. I'll remind again; so far I've only been using the phone since 4 days.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm not an engineer but would think that the screen should adjust within a day or so of being used.

Have you tried using the colour panels.

If it isn't to your liking then I'd suggest to act now @Srp770 

0 Likes
Rudy Hartono
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same with my Issue. No damage no water problems after 1 week update. The phpne completely green with white flickering. Please samsung help  to solve my problems

BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Rudy Hartono 

Take your phone to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre as they can take a hands on look for you.

0 Likes
Arun MC
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

They asked me to pay for the complete screen which is 25% of the phone cost as my one is out of warranty.