Original topic:

s20 ultra poor camera

(Topic created on: 24/02/21 02:13)
Scotty1987
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi guys 

Do you think the camera quality is poor? I find it is and is there a way to improve it?
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
sophi393
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I find it's getting worse yes
0 Likes
Shamrock_Sean
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I find the cameras are often mushy especially when shooting against sunlight. The 3x zoom is over sharpened, the 10x zoom is soft and noisy and the stabilisation is terrible. Main camera is also a tad over sharpened. Overall I don't think it's worth the price
RXM
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Turn stabilisation off trust me it ruins photo quality.
RXM
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Also the snapdragon editions for sure got better camera processing due to the chip. Samsung please bridge the gap for the next phone, or destroy snapdragon please.
Scotty1987
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
it's ridiculous. the camera was better when I first purchased the phone and I hadn't downloaded any updates. also, they haven't even got the balls to just come out and apologise for this absolute disaster of a camera. I think my Samsung days are over when this one is paid off. 😕
0 Likes
RXM
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Other than that I'd keep HDR on as it does make a tiny difference but not huge won't lie. I went into depth with the cameras because I was and still am bored and furloughed. My guess, and believe me I'm no expert, is the more things you make the camera perform whilst taking a photo (like using a filter, using stabilisation, whatever it is) the image processor will have more work to do and therefore the photo quality outcome will be worse. Just a theory. You can do some of these in post anyway. I dunno, my camera seems alright now, do you use the 108mp option when on 1x? Doesn't drastically improve quality but makes things sharper. Also have you updated to the newest software? Since getting the phone I've has at least 4 updates one of which for sure helped better the cameras.
Scotty1987
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
yeah I'm all up to date as it stands. I'm also using the same settings as you suggested. I'm just not impressed with some of the photos. taking pictures indoors seem to be the ones that are the worst. Maybe it's the lighting I don't know but for the price of the phone and the hype it got I was expecting better than we got. I'll seriously have to think twice before I go with samaing again and it hurts to say that.

thanks for you help dude.
0 Likes
sophi393
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
how?
0 Likes
sophi393
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
definitely feeling the same, i only have 1000 photos and its so laggy it was great at first so fast now it jumps and in the middle of a call it randomly starts calling the same person up . doesn't load photos properly there's a few faults I've come across more recently
0 Likes