Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 ultra not focussing!

(Topic created on: 03-04-2020 03:25 PM)
Gina_G
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I got my new Samsung S20 Ultra 4 days ago. I waited ages for this phone as I wanted it for the camera. I am SO disappointed though...it really really struggles to focus and can't focus close up, as well as the videos being blurry. It also doesn't capture the pictures straight away when you press the button, there is a time lag which is really annoying. 

Is anyone else having this issue? I have spoken to someone at Samsung any they said an update will be put out but is this something that can be fixed through an update? They have just done an update 2 days ago and it didn't seem to improve the camera so I am apprehensive. And when will this new update be? I'm tempted to get a refund and buy the new iPhone (which I NEVER thought I would say!) 

Considering this is Samsung's new flagship camera phone, it's really embarrassing that it can't even focus! I hope they can get this sorted asap as I really don't want the faff of having to return it and buy back in to Apple.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
bazzz
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Gina-G, there's a few posts on this already, I'll link you to this one as an example. Yes it's awful

that this device cost so much and there are these issues with the focus and other aspects. You

are not alone with these worries. Hopefully Samsung can improve things soon.

0 Likes
Tayta
Journeyman
Options

Yes same here. Latest camera update did nothing to improve. I can sometimes wait up to 2 seconds between press and capture..by then sadly my picture is not what I tried to grab.

Let's hope they sort it out in another update. For the price, the ultra is letting itself down on the camera lag terribly.

Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
Pro mode captures faster from what I notice..? Anyone else confirm this?
0 Likes
Ququka
Pioneer
Options

For me it worked to reset the app settings (for instructions, see www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-camera-how-do-i-reset-the-camera-settings/ )

0 Likes
Ququka
Pioneer
Options

@Gina_G see my post above, did that also work for you like it did for me and for @Visii

Strange anyway that a reset is necessary. I'm going to sell my S20 and buy a Google Pixel with MUCH better camera software.

0 Likes
Tayta
Journeyman
Options
Even after multiple updates, by the time the S20U manages to focus and take a pic, the moment has passed. Still the same now. using internal storage etc.

What i do now is take a video of everything, then scan through it to take a snapshot of the video as it's the only way to get a picture of what i actually want and at the right moment.
even the multiple picture feature takes a second or two to kick in and by the time everyone is looking and smiling it's taken 1.3billion poor and not needed images.

My S10 imaging was much much much quicker. if I could turn off all the ***** that makesbthe focus laggier than a ZX spectrum I would.

0 Likes