Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 ultra green/white display

(Topic created on: 14-05-2021 06:08 PM)
LeeYon
Journeyman
Options

at first i notice flickering lines on my device specially when playing games. I ask the samsung support and instructed me to soft reset my phone. then it turned green and white display and overheat when stayed open for a while.

is it a screen problem or just an update issue?

181 REPLIES 181
Chris1234567
First Poster
Options

Just read through most of the posts but it doesnt sound like there's a solution. I happened to my device last night all of a sudden. has been white green ever since cant even seem to put in my pin anymore. it does vaguely show the time and it opens emergency call. tried all the available boot options but as it holds valuable data I cant factory reset. I'm royally F*****. hopefully Samsung will honor their commitment and resolve this, might the last device of theirs I buy and I've been with Galaxy series from the beginning. a bit dissapointed 

0 Likes
salmanH
First Poster
Options
I had the same issue on s20 ultra 5g 2 weeks ago. Green and white screen lines. Did factory reset and now its all white and green screen. It worked for a few hours yesterday and I was able to use it. Since then, its the same issue. Its 6 months out of warranty and its costing £240 to replace the screen. I am not even sure if the issue will be resolved after screen replacement. It started happening after 13 March 2023 update on the phone. 20230325_100841_1000009982_1679738931.jpg
Richard Addison
First Poster
Options

I am having this same issue right now. Samsung needs to resolve this asap. its really frustrating.

0 Likes
antchairez
First Poster
Options

same thing happened to my s20, so i got an s22. then that one had it's lcd explode from the inside twice, so i got an iphone. funny thing is, i went rummaging through my stuff, and i found my s20 worked fine. used it for a while, then when i woke up it was still fine. tried plugging it into my s22 to backup my data and it ***** up again. such a weird thing to happen to me, lol.

0 Likes
Members_xGTbwrM
First Poster
Options

I think I've figured out the issue, it's related to the exynos processor which causes the phone to overheat excessively. Speaking to local repair guys here in London, they've been inundated with this very issue recently. They suspect it's the new update combined with the hot weather. Three of my  company's exynos s21 5g phones have all recently gone this way. The only surviving one is the American Snapdragon s21 5g import. I have been  advised to purchase samsung phones with snapdragon processors if available to avoid this issue.

amruth92
First Poster
Options

Not sure about this - mines an imported Snapdragon model from Korea, and this issue has just come up for me, too 😞

0 Likes
Borislav1234
First Poster
Options

August, 2023 year... And i start having this problem after last software update..I have this phone from the begining of his existence ..never being dropped, no wet or other damage.. After last update it start with green/white lines. After recharge i saw my phone with mixed between white and green display, and the interesting part is that i could press something on the display..i.reset the phone- the problem still was there..I turn off the phone and for now its fine, but not sure for how long.. Samsung need to answer us..Is there any solution????Is it software bug? HOW ITS POSSIBLE 1 PROBLEM TO APPEAR FROM NOTHING...

0 Likes
Members_bnARuR6
Apprentice
Options

Exactly the same with my S20 Ultra after last update within 48 hours green and white screen. Still in my 2 year contract with o2 aswell 

0 Likes
tracktion3
First Poster
Options

My S20 ultra had this issue. Today I try to use Dex to factory reset the unit just for security purposes as I can't see due to the screen. Miraculously, after I managed to get in via Dex, the phone screen is back. It looks like nothing happened. Like No hardware issues. It just works. I'm not sure why and I can't explain it. I did a factory reset after another firmware update. Phone looks like new. I just have to monitor this for a few days. 

0 Likes
Crisci04
First Poster
Options

I will try this, hopefully it works! 

0 Likes