Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 ultra green/white display

(Topic created on: 14-05-2021 06:08 PM)
LeeYon
Journeyman
Options

at first i notice flickering lines on my device specially when playing games. I ask the samsung support and instructed me to soft reset my phone. then it turned green and white display and overheat when stayed open for a while.

is it a screen problem or just an update issue?

181 REPLIES 181
abhishek312
Student
Options

SAME ISSUE ON MU S20+ AFTER SOFTWARE UPDATE...😞😞

IMG-20220830-WA0056.jpg

Ajit
Apprentice
Options

Hey Abhishek, have you taken your device to service center ?

0 Likes
Abbas Ramish
Apprentice
Options

I have faced this problem 2 times in the last 2 years. Those who think replacing screens will solve the problem are just wasting their money. There is no permanent solution. Samsung still ignoring this problem. If you are from India, you should file a complaint in consumer court. It can be done through the Consumer Court application.

0 Likes
abhishek312
Student
Options

Already taken. they were saying to change display costing 16k...this is not covered in warranty. only green/red vertical lines are covered for free replacement..

0 Likes
Cristian Vlades
First Poster
Options

I will never buy a samsung product ever again.Their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with and their products are low quality.

My S20 Ultra never had a single scratch or crack yet it happened the same thing as everyone else. The screen out of the blue turned white with some green lines and now the phone is unusable. Samsung is not willing to help and their only solution is for me to pay out of my pocket for a screen replacement. 

Who would like to join me on a class action lawsuit? That seems to be the only way to get Samsung to solve the problem.

0 Likes
Wozzek
First Poster
Options

Same problem here on S20 ultra.... It randomnly occours . Last time i was able to use the phone for 4 days without the problem until today.... It is confirmed that it is not an hardware issue?

0 Likes
Jonh B
Student
Options

I had the same problem with my S20 Ultra 5G, but it's out of warranty and the Samsung representative asks me 300 euros to replace the display, which is the price of some new phones. Has anyone managed to get their phone repaired out of warranty?

0 Likes
Abbas Ramish
Apprentice
Options

I have got one solution for this after tweaking few settings. It has been 5 months since I have faced any issues. Once your phone comeback to normal usable state, change following settings...

motion smoothness: standard

screen resolution: hd+

screen mode: vivid

always on display: show always.

If you have any doubts, here is my whatsapp number-

+917559010798

Abbas Ramish
Apprentice
Options

motion smoothness: standard

screen resolution: hd+

screen mode: vivid

always on display: show always

try these settings, It won't happen again. I have not faced that issue for last 6 months, after changing those settings.

0 Likes
Jonh B
Student
Options

I'll try that and I'll let you know if it worked. Thanks

0 Likes