Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 ultra green/white display

(Topic created on: 14-05-2021 06:08 PM)
LeeYon
Journeyman
Options

at first i notice flickering lines on my device specially when playing games. I ask the samsung support and instructed me to soft reset my phone. then it turned green and white display and overheat when stayed open for a while.

is it a screen problem or just an update issue?

181 REPLIES 181
kongxingcai
Apprentice
Options

16 pages of complaints/feedback - assuming 10 message average per page or 160 people complaining - guess 160 complaints/consumers isn't much compared to samsung's huge market...

0 Likes
kongxingcai
Apprentice
Options

hi, I've purchased my S20 ultra on April fool's day 1/4/2020, today's the exact 2nd year anniversary. my ultra S20 has been well maintained, never dropped, never wet, no heavy usage but yet I'm facing the same greenish white screen issue recently. i understand this is a predominant issue with A M O LED display but consumers cannot expect a phone to spoil after exactly 2 years... if it is an R&D issue, a QC test failure or manufacturer issue, consumers cannot be expected to bare the full blunt of this design failure. I went to Samsung servicing and they requested me to pay S$380+ for an LCD display replacement. I've been using Samsung for 20 years and this is the first time I'm experiencing this issue with Samsung phones. Question:? Why isn't Samsung admitting it's mistake and recalling all "defective" phones? Why do consumers have to pay additional S$300++ for a manufacturer's fault??? how can a phone be "designed" to fail after it's 1 year warranty period??? why should consumers pay S$2k+ for a phone that lasts only 2 years and pay an additional S$380+ to repair a phone that we don't know the LCD screen will last how long? another 2 years? why isn't Samsung recalling the phones?

0 Likes
Prime1
First Poster
Options

Bought this phone back on first week of June 2020 fast forward March 2022 then the same with almost everyone here happened, I noticed the white flickering lines on the display, I was really bummed by it but after a few days I realized it's actually not that bad and I'd just try to get used to it. Fast forward again today, April 7, 2022 just an hour ago as I'm typing this, the green/white color displayed on the screen making my phone practically unusable. And it's really heating up too for some reason, I'm afraid it might explode so I'm keeping it a distance from me. This is the single most expensive thing I own and this happens to it. Repair estimates I will have to spend around 400USD for this. This will probably the last samsung product I'll buy ever, to think that this is a well known issue and they're not doing anything about it. For shame.

0 Likes
Sakthitharan
First Poster
Options

Is that problem re-appears even after display replacement?

0 Likes
md tasneem mansoori
Apprentice
Options

having same issue with my phone. also tried everything like safe mode, restart, soft reset, hard reset, uninstall 3rd party apps etc. but didn't resolve my issue,  in starting there is lite visible line flickering on may be 2nd May 2022 but after 10 to 12 day its completely white screen and unable to use my phone, while i m using my phone carefully , always protecting from accidents, waters and all. no any hairline scratches on my phone, no any water damages after that i m having this issue just after updating my phone. service center said for screen replacement which is too costly. i m regular user of samsung but after caring too much my phone i facing this issue then i will no longer its user. samsung should replace all that s20 series displays free of cost which damaged automatically, means all s20 series which doesn't have liquid damage or physical damage signs. 

0 Likes
Luis Enrique18
First Poster
Options

Hey Alexadaniels, my Samsung S20 plus  had the same problem and the only solution that the customer service center gave me was to replace the screen with a charge, the cost was very expensive. Poor Service from Samsung

0 Likes
kongxingcai
Apprentice
Options

1. either samsung doesn't have an ideal solution or 2. samsung has its own monopoly and can't be bothered to reply to the minority consumers who purchased s20 ultra. nevertheless, i will be switching to iphone for SIRI becos i would like to have a virtual assistant (vs Bixby). my suggestion to all samsung users is to try other phones like huawei or xiaomi or iphone - as i'm throughly disappointed with samsung for s20 ultra's performance.

Alankar
First Poster
Options

I'm experiencing the same issue. Mine started about three days ago. Did not drop it, not wet, not bent, not even a scratch on it. I woke the morning, opened my phone and there it was. I've tried all kinds of tips and magic tricks but nothing help. The screen came back to normal after some time but and I was able to use it for few hours and then it went back. For the last three days, it's been behaving inexplicably. It's sometimes completely white out and sometimes with scan lines. Sometimes when I'm lucky I can make out the contents on the screen and when I touch it, it responds. 

I noticed when this happens, the touch is working and the phone opens random apps and take screenshots on its own (lots of screenshots). It's as if the phone has a mind of its own.

S20 ultra

0 Likes
Ajit
Apprentice
Options

it is just not S20 Ultra, It is happening to s20 customers too. Happened to me in the same way - horizontal wavy lines at first and then 2 times screen went green bleed like and got auto recovered in 10 mins. Then the 3rd time it just went green-white bleed and it's been one and half a day and it has not recovered yet. I feel it is due to some update that has come as part of the July Update. Also A lot of users from different regions are facing this issue. Samsung is not giving any response.

0 Likes
Jamsheed
First Poster
Options

Same issue my phone July 1st update phone screen sometime green sometime white issue  horizontal lines. 

Samsung is cheeting brand nobody buy this company product

0 Likes