Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 ultra green/white display

(Topic created on: 09-08-2021 01:38 PM)
LeeYon
Journeyman
Options

at first i notice flickering lines on my device specially when playing games. I ask the samsung support and instructed me to soft reset my phone. then it turned green and white display and overheat when stayed open for a while.

is it a screen problem or just an update issue?

181 REPLIES 181
Valeriaaa07
First Poster
Options

I am now also having this issue on my 20+. Flickering white lines appeared suddenly yesterday. No drop no water nothing. I just picked it up and turned on the screen and it was flickering. Went to my local samsung service centre but they wanted to charge me $380 to change? No warranty cause i got the phone on launch date in march 2020. Cant pay that much without knowing if it will happen again thanks to the software. This is very dissapointing for their expensive flagship phones. Waiting to hear what samsung has to say about this. Lost all trust in samsung now. Maybe its time to change over to a different brand.

nikit
Student
Options

I am getting the same issue in my S20+ from 7th AUG after updating the software. I neither dropped my phone nor dropped in liquid and is in case at all times. At first the screen turned to white lines and came back but now the issue persists and is no longer usable because of the display issue.220625576_374010427674194_4479467912063928049_n.jpg

0 Likes
Aj977
First Poster
Options

I first faced this issue 2 months back and it went away on its own after a while. I was assuming that the software updates (I always keep my phone updated) must have fixed the issue. This morning the issue has come back to haunt me and I really don't know what to do. Can samsung please find a solution to this problem? Tried disabling adaptive brightness, always on display , changed screen resolution but nothing seems to be working. Attached is the video of the issue and the software information of my phone. Samsung, many loyal fans are desperately looking for a solution. Please help. Software info.JPG

0 Likes
Janetlq
First Poster
Options

I am currently facing the same issue with my Samsung galaxy S20+. The phone was bought on March 2020 and has past the warranty period. The flickering starts from Saturday (7 Aug) morning, no apps were running at that moment and did not drop the phone or so, it just occur suddenly. Tried to update the software to latest and restarted the phone in safe mode but the same issue still persist. The only way to read the screen currently is connecting the phone to PC using Samsung Dex. Contacted online Samsung customer service, they only suggest to reset the phone in setting first then only restart in safe mode (but obviously not helpful as I can’t even read the screen) or attend to their service centre for inspection and repair (with charges of course since warranty period has past). Since many S20 users are affected there is obviously something fishy about the quality of the device. Very disappointed in Samsung, perhaps is time to consider other brand.84E56B2C-FF72-4A02-89ED-863DB2051093.png

mehuldalmia
First Poster
Options

Facing the same problem! S20+ Indian Unit. What a joke, who test this code before pushing?

0 Likes
Sudeep Thomas
Journeyman
Options

Hey dear Samsung.. 

Every user had tried all these steps.Still no change

0 Likes
JeevaSuriyaa
First Poster
Options

Hi, i faced this issue on my s20 ultra today. Resetting the phone or factory reset doesn't help.

Samsung even want to charge their customer 1000 MYR just to fix an issue caused by them? Seriously?
It didn't had water, dropped or any issue until the recent update. 

You better get this sorted or you'll have to face a heavy lawsuit.

nikit
Student
Options

Please email to MrWhoseTheBoss . It is the largest Tech You Tube Channel of the UK and it will certainly help us if enough users quote this problem to him and ask him to make a video. This will make Samsung and Tech Companies accountable. Here is the contact email from his website. He is so helpful.

mrwhosetheboss@nightmedia.co

Gelo2
Journeyman
Options

My phone's issue is exactly the same as this one. No physical damage, no liquid contact. 
Just plain updates then overheating(even when not in use) occurred that seems to have caused this issue. Sadly, premium phones with issues not even caused by the user

0 Likes
Gelo2
Journeyman
Options

Mine also started to have the flickering lines, like a broken(weak signal) TV. 
And that is the same exact update that I had on my phone before it stopped working.

0 Likes