Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 ultra constantly have to optimize the phone with 6 GB available

(Topic created on: 28/08/20 19:54)
HankWilliamsJr
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I find that apps will not load until i optimize the phone. i typically see 6GB used with 6GB available but app feeds freeze until i optimize. sadly it only frees up 2 GB and im constantly doing this. The power mode is set to high performance. anyone else experiencing this? 

google search dont return any results. I got the phone at launch but this has been happening the last 2 months or so. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@HankWilliamsJr: If you go to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Power Mode > Optimised, and monitor the performance, do you notice an improvement? While in the Battery menu, select App Power Management, and limit the battery usage of apps that you don't use often. I also recommend closing any apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button on your navigation bar. If you go back to Device Care > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Auto Optimisation, this should reduce the amount of manual 'cleaning' you need to do via Device Care > Memory. Let me know how you get on. 

HankWilliamsJr
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

yes, i have been doing all of that but unfortunately within 20 min or so of using or opening a few apps to check notifications, i'm right back in the same boat. I just dont understand why with 6GB of available memory.

0 Likes
HankWilliamsJr
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

so i think i solved my own problem. in developer options > standby apps, i noticed a few were in the active bucket even though i do not use them. i changed a few buckets from active to WORKING_SET and uninstalled a few that were set to active that were rarely used. This should be managed by the OS, but programming can hard code this. after the change and uninstall i'm deep into 7.6 GB of usage without any performance degradation. 

I literally opened every available app and saw no reduction on any feed. 

0 Likes