Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 Ultra Clear View Cover no notifications

(Topic created on: 26-12-2020 03:12 PM)
EnigmaNL
Journeyman
Options

So today I got the Clear View Cover for my S20 Ultra. I was pretty happy with it until I noticed it doesn't show notifications for Whatsapp and Gmail (haven't tested any other apps).

I found no way to turn them on anywhere. I have enabled notifications for the lock screen and I have turned on Always on Display. When a notification comes in all it does is make a noise, the AOD only shows the clock and that's it.

This is making the cover pretty useless because you have to lift it up to even see if you got any messages!

Please Samsung, do something about this, this very same issue also existed for the S10!!!! ALL APPS need to be able to show notifications through the clear view window!

32 REPLIES 32
AlJourgensen
Pioneer
Options

Same problem here, when i have it open i receive notifications, but when i close it, silence becomes it....samsung said to send the phone and the cpver to the repair center.....no way....the phone was just fine without it, this is a problem with the configuration of the case....and they said that they never heard about this issue.....common

Automatic
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem, the accessory is useless and is confusing by not informing about notifications.

Soles23
Student
Options

I have the same issue, it's infuriating.

Visvaldas
Student
Options

Same issue, no help from support.

0 Likes
Christos-GR
Apprentice
Options

SAMSUNG it is problem for all.

Can't you "hear"??

0 Likes
Christos-GR
Apprentice
Options

SAMSUNG just doesn't care about us customers after sail!!

Case is not cheap and problem is so easy to be fixed at a new upgrade, but they just do not not care!!!

Answer that Samsung!!!

0 Likes
Christos-GR
Apprentice
Options

It shows Gmail, but the worst is that on Always On Display it shows only the clock!!

And if I am not looking my device all the time, I have to open the case to see the notifications to see if I have something!

Is that useful????

Why you don't fix it SAMSUNG??

Everybody has the same problem!!

You don't care about your customers after sail??

0 Likes
PowerChopper
Student
Options
ThangNguyen
Student
Options

Thanks, 

link only triggers when the device is locked. 

With these 2 macros, this is the way they work:

- if there is no notification and the cover closed, everything works as normal Samsung AOD. no flashing screen.

- when a notification comes from any application, the screen flashes and shows the notification once first. 

- if the notification is from the specific app list. it will continually flash after 5s and keep showing those notifications.

- if it's not from the app list, after the first time showed. the screen turns into normal Samsung AOD mode with no notification and no flashing screen.

Hope this helps.

Solution
Christos-GR
Apprentice
Options

Christmas miracle!😋

Last big update tree days ago, fixed it!

If it is enabled, now all notifications can be seen through case window and stay there for all the time!

0 Likes