Original topic:

S20 ultra camera sensor

(Topic created on: 31/03/20 01:55)
Alex029
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have a really weird question but is bothering me

Today i wanted to inspect the camera lenses on my s20 ultra , so i took another phone and start the flashling and hover it over the camera lens so i can see the cameras better , it was just for my interest.

But , after i finished my ,,search,, i thought wait, can the camera sensor be damaged by the phone flash ,did i just make a terrible mistake , so , that is my question and i have absolutely no idea if i did something bad or not , and btw , i put here some photos with a strange dot that i get when pointing at my lightbulb in the room , thank you in advance for any response i hope my phone is ok!!?20200331_022434.jpg

20200331_022432.jpg

20200331_021624.jpg

20200331_014934.jpg

This is the phone and flashlight i usedThis is the phone and flashlight i used

Here you can see the dot on the doorHere you can see the dot on the door

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Garybiker
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

You have now knackered your camera sensor and lens opps

0 Likes
Alex029
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

What?

0 Likes
Alex029
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Why do you say i ve knackered the camera sensor? By what means , be more specific.
0 Likes
DanP
Samsung Helper
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Afternoon Alex029,

In most cases, the green spot, haze, or flare will happen when taking a photo with a strong source of light in the background. For example, if you’re taking a photo of the sunrise, sunset, or just about anything with the sun or a bright light somewhere in your field of view, or even outside the field of view, you will likely end up with that green spot, some lens flare, or haze.

It appears due to the light coming in at a specific angle and reflecting off the surface inside the camera, or the lens cover. Regardless of the phone model/camera, you may be using, this will present itself on most devices.
This is not a defect of your phone either. It’s just physics playing tricks on you, and to be fair, virtually any camera, big or small, can be subject to the same issue, although this can be more easily alleviated on standalone DSLR cameras by purchasing various filters for the lens.

Hope that answers your question, enjoy taking many more pictures with your S20 Ultra!

Alex029
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
So my camera is ok . Did you read the flashlight part? Can it be damaged by that?
0 Likes
DanP
Samsung Helper
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes, your camera will be fine. Only if you were taking a 2-hour long exposure at a very bright light source could you potentially damage a camera sensor, for shutter speeds under a second you don't need to worry at all.

0 Likes
Alex029
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
As i said in the post , phone was closed and i was looking at the camera with another phones flashlight to see how the cameras are positioned and hoe They work , it was a palm or 2 palms away from the phone and it was for like 7 minutes with breaks
0 Likes
Alex029
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
it wasn t a second and the phone was closed , cameras weren t working i was just looking at it s cameras with a flash that s all
0 Likes