Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Ultra camera not focusing in the distant

(Topic created on: 26-06-2021 04:51 PM)
Anthony90
Student
Options
Is anyone else experiencing problems with focusing on long distances in the x1 & x2 setting? Once in x4 and upwards it seems to be fine. I've tried restarting the phone, clearing cache and resetting the settings in the camera app.
20 REPLIES 20
AL081079
First Poster
Options
Having the same problem with my s20 ultra tried everything but still the same
Anthony90
Student
Options
I noticed it after the last upgrade, thought it was the protector I had on it so I changed that too. Seems to be a software issue
KholaI
Options

Hey @Anthony90 

Have you tried clearing the app data too? If not, please head into Settings > Apps > Camera > Clear data. This won't delete any pictures you have taken. Once you've done this, please restart your phone.

0 Likes
Krogoth2k
Pioneer
Options

Same issue here. No focus on distant targets. Looks like infinite focus is broken. I have this issue for around a month. 

hdhdidooebd
First Poster
Options
Yep same problem. I started getting it after the update after they released the s21. As phone companies have been caught doing things like this in the past deliberately to encourage new phone sales I'd say it's pretty certain samsung have done it deliberately.
I have tried all their troubleshooting steps.
KholaI
Options

Hey all,

If you're still experiencing an issue with the camera focus, please send an Error Report via our Members App so we can a better understanding of the issue. To do this, head into Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > Camera > Pop in all the information. Once you send this off, our engineers can get a closer look, and they'll be able to provide more information.

0 Likes
Will1985
First Poster
Options

Hi did anyone ever find a solution? I'm having the same issue. Thanks.

0 Likes
Rham
Explorer
Options

Exactly same issue, started in the last approx 1 month.  A small shake of the camera/phone seems to clear up the focus issue (to me indicating a hardware fault with that lens) until the next time the camera app is opened.

Willpierrepont
First Poster
Options

Hi, sounds silly but before you take a picture try shaking your phone. Worked for me. Hope it does for you :winking-face: