Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 ultra camera noise?

(Topic created on: 24-04-2020 08:40 AM)
Ericson1089
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys, I am mark and i am new to this community even though i have had samsung phones for quite a while now.

I just bought an s20 ultra and after charging it i set it up and noticed that if you shake it there is something in the camera moving loudly, is something already broken?

thank you

Mark

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi!

The problem you hear should be normal.

You are not the first on to notice that. The noise you hear is the moving 90 degrees lense which is in the 4x optical zoom. It is a rail like system with various copper coils on the side and one at the bottom of the 90 degrees lense.

When the camera is not on the coils are turned off and so the camera lense can move inside the periscope module.

If you fire up the camera the phone starts pushing electricity into the coils in order to be able to control the position of that lense to be able to focus.

Can you test your phone with the camera turned on the 4x mode?

If you hear no more noise it means that there are no strange parts moving around your device, so it should be fine!

Let me know.

Have a nice day

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi!

The problem you hear should be normal.

You are not the first on to notice that. The noise you hear is the moving 90 degrees lense which is in the 4x optical zoom. It is a rail like system with various copper coils on the side and one at the bottom of the 90 degrees lense.

When the camera is not on the coils are turned off and so the camera lense can move inside the periscope module.

If you fire up the camera the phone starts pushing electricity into the coils in order to be able to control the position of that lense to be able to focus.

Can you test your phone with the camera turned on the 4x mode?

If you hear no more noise it means that there are no strange parts moving around your device, so it should be fine!

Let me know.

Have a nice day

Ericson1089
Apprentice
Options

Yes you are right, it works!

Thanks a lot, i was worried about having to send it to a repair center.

Have a nice day too!

Mark

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options

Another good piece of info, thank you.

Lena11
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same noise problem, but my middle camera is also moving back and foward, is that also normal or?

0 Likes