Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Ultra Camera Focussing Issues

(Topic created on: 31-05-2021 06:52 PM)
Dpx
Pioneer
Options
Hello everyone,

I have noticed the camera on my S20 Ultra seriously struggles to focus between 1x and 3x and jumps around when attempting to focus. On the other hand, focussing isn't an issue at 0.5x, 4x and 10x.

The camera didn't always have this issue and was performing far better in previous updates. I suspect it is a software bug!

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and if so, do you have any recommendations on a fix? If not, could a member of the Samsung Team kindly look into this please.

Thanks
38 REPLIES 38
Kris G
Voyager
Options

hmm i noticed the camera can't focus easily if the object is too close, so for example, if i go for the 4x zoom, but the object is 1m away or less, that specific camera has a hard time on focusing, but that does not happen if the object is further away...
unless yours behaves in a different way?

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Dpx
Pioneer
Options
My camera is just blurry from 1x to 3x from 1m onwards. It focusses on close ups more easily which is strange, e.g taking a photo of my hand.

However, anything from 1m onwards is just a disaster. I can never get a clear, focussed shot unless I play around with the zooms, flip from front to back etc. It's a mess.
Leigh C
Student
Options

I am experiencing the same problem. Whether I use the phone app or Office Lens I get the same issue where everything is blurry between 1.0x and 3.0x. Outside that it focusses fine.

Martin16v
Apprentice
Options
Why isn't Samsung doing anything about this
Dpx
Pioneer
Options
It's ridiculous that the camera won't focus at the normal zoom level, considering the phone costs over £1000 and was last year's flagship mobile device. The camera used to function fine before the most recent updates.

I've tried resetting the Camera app, clearing the cache, turning off scene optimizer and restarting my device. Literally everything but still no luck.
vimal jain
Student
Options

Yes, did you find a solution ?? 

0 Likes
Dpx
Pioneer
Options
Nah, I gave up. Tried everything recommended online but no luck. The S20 Ultra camera is pants.
KholaI
Options

Hey all,

It's not what we expect to hear at all. If possible, could you share some examples, so I'm able to get a better understanding? Both when the image is not blurry, and then when it is?

0 Likes
Leigh C
Student
Options

Hi Kholal,

If the zoom is set to 0.9 or below it auto-focusses fine. If it is set to zoom 4.0 times or above it also auto focusses properly. Anywhere in between those ranges of zoom (1.0 to 3.9) the auto focus doesn't work at all.