Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 ultra camera focus problem

(Topic created on: 27-10-2022 08:26 AM)
waddy1963
Apprentice
Options
Hi help needed my camera will not focus unless its on 4.0 or more & even then it's hit & miss
39 REPLIES 39
dj9494
Voyager
Options
At what zoom?? In all the present zoom??
waddy1963
Apprentice
Options
Yes in all the present zoom
DL0000
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue, it's been like this for a month and the members team have only just got back to me, they have asked me to send the phone for assessment, not great for a flagship phone
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Same with mine.
keith30
Maestro
Options
I upgraded to the S22ultra from a S8+ and I must say that the camera on the 8+ was/is better, quite disappointing when you pay quite a lot for a up todate phone and find it is rubbish when taken decent photos compered to the earlier models which made Samsung top of the league, but not now.
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Same issue on my Samsung galaxy s20 ultra , focus problem, it got worse after the UI 4.1 update
I did get in touch with Samsung they said the usual have you tried to empty the cache and turn it on and off again, I did install Google pixel camera, it worked brilliant with super quality pictures their algorithm software is years in front of Samsung, but after the UI 4.1 update it stopped working .shame.
Samsung galaxy s20 ultra has one of the best cameras out there but Samsung want to keep it blind
F1rust
Navigator
Options
Since the last update my camera has had a useless focus on x1. I have done everything to correct it but to no avail. I get a good focus on .5 zoom and x 5 zoom but awful on x1. Come on Samsung you have a problem. With this last software update. Get it fixed
TerminatorOWNZ
Explorer
Options

Copying my recent message regarding the same issue for my S20 Ultra from a similar topic here, for the visibility https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/s20-ultra-camera-focus-issues/td-p/4163024#.Y0... and https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/s20-ultra-camera-not-focusing-in-the-distant/t...

Hey there, keeping this thread alive, as I'm having the same main camera focusing issue. Adding my two cents on top.

I was reluctant to update to android 12 and One UI 4 for almost ten months and gave it up about three weeks ago. Since then, the main camera module has been 50/50 able to focus on objects that are far than one or two meters away. In other words, it is totally unreliable at this point. Can I have an answer if this is addressed to an engineering/developers team, and should I hope to receive the fix one day?

The Samsung phone is the heart of the whole ecosystem that consists of numerous devices (Galaxy Tab s7, watch 4 classic, galaxy watch, galaxy watch active 2, and galaxy s20 ultra). I can't believe that the lifespan of the flagship phone that I bought  Nov 26, 2020, can be so short - less than two years. 

My wife has been using (is using) the iPhone 12 pro max (+whole ecosystem) for the same period of time and frankly speaking, with every update, the iPhone is just getting more refined. I would really love to have such an attitude for the customers from the Samsung side.

Adding a few recent samples. The first one is a quick snap with the main camera (x1), the second one after realizing that it's out of focus and after giving a slight nudge:20221015_103039_resized.jpg20221015_103056_resized.jpg

F1rust
Navigator
Options
This is still a problem on my S20 ultra. It has not improved at all . It is actually making me think of jumping ship to another manufacturer. I love my Samsung but if they can't do a basic photo what is the use