Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 Ultra - Brand new phone refuses to charge - "Charging Stopped. Temperature is too low"!!

(Topic created on: 12-04-2020 03:25 PM)
Kimo42
Student
Options

I have just received my Samsung S20 Ultra yesterday and the phone refuses to charge straight out of the box!

I have tried factory resetting the device several times, hard reset, soft reset, safe mode, playing around with all battery/wireless charging settings to no avail..I have also tried different chargers and I get the same results! Everytime I try to charge the phone while turned off I get a loud beep and an exclamation mark. If i try to charge the phone while it is on, I get the "Charging stopped. Your phone's temperature is too low" message accompanied by a loud beep!

I live in Egypt ! Temperature "too low"!!?

Samsung Egypt has initially acknowledged this as a manufacturing defect but I still have to wait several days for their official technical report so I can proceed with it to their official domestic distributor for a replacement or refund!

Totally unacceptable and frustrating to have to go through all this hassle for a brand new phone that is over $1200! 

20200410_153019.jpg20200410_044526.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Totally understand that your unimpressed with the phone @Kimo42  and rightly so.

Unfortunately with technology including phones a person can get a lemon that has somehow got through testing.

I know its inconvenient to have to wait but your doing the right thing in having it swapped out / refunded.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Dkripis
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Seems to happen most when I plug to android auto. 

0 Likes