Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Ultra battery and charging problem after Android 12 update

(Topic created on: 20-01-2022 09:44 AM)
Members_KtlHkfb
Apprentice
Options

I have  problem with the battery after updating to android 12. The battery drains very fast. However, I also have a problem with super fast charging - it is not super fast anymore. I have 40% of the battery, connect it to the charger and it shows that it takes 45 minutes to fully charge. After 50 minutes, I check, and there 67% and 25 minutes until fully charged. After another 30 minutes, the battery is 90% charged. My S20 ultra is slower overall, discharges faster and charges much slower.

I did cache partition. Didnt help at all.

10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Since your phone is running on the latest software update some of your apps might not be optimized to run on this new version yet. This might cause issues such as the slow charging problem you are experiencing.
Try to update your phone apps then check if the issue gets fixed
Also run the galaxy app booster
0 Likes
The Mach
First Poster
Options

Have you found a fix yet? Been searching for answers in reddit but no luck

0 Likes
Members_KtlHkfb
Apprentice
Options

Hey,

Its not the problem of the apps. I turned off phone, had 15% of battery and then connected to charger. After 1hr when I suppost to have almost fully charged phone I had 60%. Battery draining is so fast that from 90% of battery after 14hr phone have 27%. But in that time I didnt touch phone for 7-8hr. Rest of the time is normal using, some game for few minutes, discord, few phones. Its middle of the day and I need recharg it again. 

Aam1
First Poster
Options

Same problem I am facing I did update on Jan 24 since then superfast charging is not working same as you mention. Another issue If battery drain completely i.e zero percent charge it took hours to initialize  start charging. 

0 Likes
Aotw1
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. After the android update my s20 ultra drains the battery very fast. And charging is terrible slow. Please fix it samsung. 

0 Likes
Abhis888
Student
Options
I am having same issue
0 Likes
velalbert
First Poster
Options

S20 Fe 5g also having this problem after update. I did notice my phone speaker got a bit louder  but my fast charging sia not good

0 Likes
Semicolon1
First Poster
Options

Same for me. Any fixes?

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have the same issue, important battery draining with my S20 ultra since last update to Android 12

0 Likes